Likes - Activity - Cryptocurv - Algorand

Incentivizing Node Runners for Product Consensus & Clawbacks within Grant Contracts?

Good to know the grants are already contracted out in that format, but also confused how then we have all these poor performing with little to no organic liquidity, some even just bailing out of excuses without practically realizing anything in the ecosystem? Seems like the qualification or milestone…


[Temperature Check] Reward Node Runners Through Governance

Rationale: Lately we’ve seen the online participating stake trending lower (sitting at ~1.6B ALGO right now), this is probably a side effect of general market conditions where retail/institutions start to lose interest and move away from the cryptocurrency space, on top of that there’s also a very…

I’m also in this camp. Make node setup noob friendly, then tie governance to it. If you cannot run your node, join through some protocol like Folks Finance.


On behalf of the entire Algorand Developer Community, I wanted to say thank you to @fabrice. Fabrice is the real genius behind Algorand. He’s constantly making himself available to developers who run into bugs, challenges, and new problems building. It doesn’t matter how big or small the problem is,…


TEAL is like the assembly language. Like you don’t program on assembly on your computer, now you usually don’t program in TEAL for Algorand. If you are interested in building smart contracts for Algorand, I recommend using Beaker or at least PyTEAL. Beaker is so much more user-friendly but is in…


Part 1 of this post is a critique of M3 of the current proposals floating. Part 2 is a proposed alternative. Part 1 - NFT sales should be driven by the collectors who want to buy them, not through a centralized subsidy to create an artificial demand/hype. That’s not how you create stable markets; r…


please read carefully as I asked of two things. The Kraken paper does not show the nuances involved for Algorand in their analysis; I’ve already spotted wrong claims. Fabrice only confirmed the distribution of seats to online stake (duh) like I also did before and after linking you to two documents…


When running a full catchup (what you’re doing), you’re validating each block against its predecessor. That’s quite a cpu and disk intensive process if you have a long running network. When you want to start off with a non-archival node, you don’t really need the entire history. You only need the…


Feedback on your video: I think the UI looks great, but it is a little complex - meaning there is too much data on the front end for everyday users. There is a heavy focus on delegation, I’m not sure that is necessary. Your idea to have a trusted account voting protocol is innovative, but it essent…


I see your account has 10 Algos. Since there are about 1.9B online Algos, one round every 4.5s and around 4500 opportunities to vote per round (soft vote committee size is 2990 and cert vote committee size is 1500), with 10 Algos, you would be voting in average: 10 / 1.9e9 * 4500 * 3600 * 24 / 4.5…


The issue was already addressed on master, and was deployed yesterday to BetaNet (BetaNet Update: 2.5.6). I don’t have any particular date, but would expect it to reach mainnet shortly unless some regression would be found while it’s on BetaNet.