All - Activity - Cryptocurv - Algorand

Period 6, voting session 1 - Can't vote using Pera Algo Wallet

Make sure you have the latest version of Pera Wallet. And, disconnect it from the governance page and reconnect it. It will work. Don’t try to vote manually; it’s a recipe for mistakes, e.g., accidentally sending actual ALGOs, etc.

[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance

There should be the max staking limit per node for rewards similar to Ethereum staking model. It makes the consensus more resilient otherwise even if the same entity runs multiple nodes. Basically, it will encourage whales to run multiple nodes as opposed to one to maximize their benefits and contribute.

A proposal in lieu of M3 (Incentivize Nodes instead of NFTs)

// or just treat Online stake the same as DeFi users. I think it is a great idea.

XGOV/Dapp/DAO's relay node runners

If a person has basic working knowledge of Linux and crypto wallets, running an Algorand participant node comes very easy. There’s an already tutorial. If I would rank technical difficulty of deploying a validator node of major POS blockchains in scale of 1 (easiest) - 10 (most difficult):

Identity based governance

You brought up many interesting points. I think we have to ask ourselves many questions:

No. It’s called “Capitalism”. Algorand Governance is not a political activity. Imagine a person with “1 Algo” wields the same voice as with “10,000 Algos”. People with 10,000 Algos carry much much higher risk than ones with 1 Algo. If someone is genuinely interested in making Algo better, take an…

Domain Name Services

IMHO, it’s unfortunate but inevitable for the ecosystem to choose one domain name service. Imagine immense confusion when the same name is served by two different domain name services, resulting into two different identities - this is going to be a disaster. That said, NFD is much better than ANS if…

Where is the Algorand Foundation with all that's happening

I don’t think it’s appropriate for the Foundation (or Inc) to make any comments on price movements. Was there any attack on the Algorand protocol? I saw somebody raised a concern on Twitter about sub-hash, etc. But, they were all clearly answered by the Algo team. Basically, Algo tech stack is as s…

Config.json options to speed up relay node sync

2 TB is recommended; be prepared for a bigger storage as Algorand grows. I wouldn’t bother to set up raid 0. Config tweak wouldn’t help much. The best way is to use a “local NVMe” storage. I was able to get my node to full sync status in about 15 days.

Indexer error: overflowed subtracting rewards for block

If your project is small, there’s a free indexer API service available at AlgoNode | Free Algorand API provider. I think they have a good reputation. Also, the website provides a blockchain snapshot for a quick, full sync-up for non-production environment - i.e., use it at your own risk.

Node firewall configuration

A participation node is a client. As such, you can allow only outgoing connections and block all incoming ones. The client makes a couple of outgoing connections on tcp port 4160. If telemetry is enabled, it also makes a connection on tcp port 9243.

What's the current mainnet & testnet archival node's ledger data size?

No, I didn’t. I don’t think the config change would help much because the bottleneck is mostly disk I/O. My nodes are now running with local NVMe SSD storage. Network attached storage, e.g., EC2 EBS, wouldn’t cut it because of high latency and jitter. Check this web site below; it has very good information on node performance.

StepTimeout error in node.log

I’m getting the following error every 4 seconds. Is it something I’m concerned about? The node started with an archival snapshot of mainnet instead of being synced from scratch.

Algorand Node on VM cannot sync - issue with space?

Hi Fabrice, Just curious… Do algod-err.log and algod-out.log exist if there have been no errors? My node has only two log files:

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1

Hi Fabrice, My node has been recovered and is working. Yes, I’m using AlertHub to monitor my account and voting status. Things look good there.

Mainnet participant node syncing problem

Hi Fabrice, Yes, it is a duplicate… This was an original post but was flagged and hidden as a potential spam. I think the post was unflagged today by the staff. Thank you.

On chain voting key differ from participation voting key

The issue seems to have been transient. It disappeared by itself. Now, my node is able to broadcast a vote.

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1 (cont'd)

Hi Scholtz, Is your node a participant node? If so, is your pending txns increasing?

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1 (cont'd)

Got it. Thanks bunches, Ben!

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1 (cont'd)

Hi Ben, What would you recommend to check if my node is participating without an issue?

Node sync time keeps increasing - ver 3.2.1 (cont'd)

My (non-archival, participant) node was running fine for a couple of days. Then, ‘Sync time’ in ‘goal node status’ has started increasing. I did various troubleshooting as follows but the same problem is still there. Can someone help me?

Mainnet participant node syncing problem

My node seems to have stopped syncing. Its sync time keeps increasing. Can someone help me? I captured the following outputs:

[/var/lib/algorand] $ goal version -v
Version: [v1 v2]
GenesisID: mainnet-v1.0
Build: 3.2.1.stable [rel/stable] (commit #b6cbbf34)

[/var/lib/algorand] $ goal node status
La…