Replies - Activity - Conscious - Algorand

The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov

I agree with council needs to be running their own node, node running is a very important part of being a member of the network.

What is the purpose of this Forum

Massimo and Adri respond to things about Governance, and certainly read it. Anything outside of governance typically gets ignored.

Thoughts after attending Decipher's Governance Roundtable on xGovs & ARC-33 Proposal

I have no reason other than I didn’t think the AF was ready to let the floodgates open, I’d happily accept that…I was just trying to outline baby steps to get there, rather than go all in. Anything is better than the current system of deciding on what gets voted on.

Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

My comment was largely around the fact that the previous administration of the Foundation was terrible, and caused a lot of issues that Staci has started to correct. Staci has created some of her own issues, but the recent hirings I think point to better decision-making going forward.

Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

I don’t think he meant NFTs are more important, I mean Chris did indeed create his own DEX haha, he just means that NFTs are what keeps the Algorand community interacting together through Twitter and discord…which is true!

I couldn’t agree more, governance and defi incentives are pointless if we can’t sustain the protocols already built. I don’t know if this would pass but the more we can shift towards allocating funds for development the better.

Electric scooters and bike rentals

You’re not wrong, but here’s a question you might want to think of. Is there a reason to decentralize this? Some things function better with a centralized company. For instance, to rent a scooter you have to upload your ID (could be replaced by an on-chain version).

Transaction latency?

4.5 seconds to complete finality, but will be below 3 seconds by end of the year.

Why there is no slashing / penalties in Algorand?

This man went deep into the rabbit hole!

Identity based governance

Overall, the main problem is that right now there is not a decentralized identity service that is live and people aren't using it, so whatever system is developed is nowhere near ready for this, nor do we know all the potential it has and how we could use it to determine voting power.