Likes - Activity - Conscious - Algorand
What is the purpose of this Forum
I’ve always viewed the forum as an alternative medium for the community to discuss issues - technical or not - that are of interest and ask questions or seek input from the community. Algorand and AF also use it to reach out on specific topics. For example, I rely on it as a tool to get the community’s pulse on various matters.
Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption
this forum should be open to all holders and not just shills that only propagate the Foundation’s ideology (whatever it is). Algorand Foundation is just not hungry to gain market share; it took a passive role during the bull market by pushing the narrative "build and they will come" whilst spending huge marketing budgets.
Community Feedback
Can you please tell me what you are basing this opinion on? Are you a high-level employee at the Foundation who has insight into what’s going on? Or maybe you built a business of that scale and you’re currently running it? I’m going to make an educated guess that the answer to both of these questions is no.
Support for Ukraine
As most of you know, Russia (“the second army of the world”) started a full-scale attack on Ukraine. They bomb peaceful cities, killing children and women; in certain places (Mariupol) they organized a genocide. The Ukrainian army and Ukrainians resist as much as we can. The positive surprise is how the cryptocurrency community has come together to support Ukraine financially.
Interaction within the Forum
I like a lot of the ideas you’ve mentioned! I’d also like to generally comment on one point you mentioned on interaction within the forum. I think one aspect is that coming here to a forum is not a 'usual' medium that I would consider today; I would generally go toward Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, email, etc.
Governance Measures Feedback
As @cswenor wrote, the whales continue to sell their yield weekly while retail users are left holding the bag. I think that is the main point. Algorand may be a great invention technically, but it seems to be the playground of early adopters, friends and family, whales, etc.
I appreciate the intent of the proposals for the measures, but I would like to propose alternative measures that would make more of a difference. Measure #1: The legacy governance system was planned and put into place before smart contracts were widely adopted. It was designed to keep the whales from messing with the system too much.
Measure 1 Feedback
If the goal is to incentivize DeFi participation, then let’s really incentivize it. The Governance DeFi reward pool should carry greater weight than the Governance non-DeFi reward pool. In addition, DeFi participation has substantially more risk. Based on this logic, the proposed changes should reflect that risk accordingly.
General Observation
Honestly, am I the only one feeling like the decisions were already made, and this governance is kind of a farce right now? In the first periods, you always had a choice to "keep it as it is," but now, the decision IS ALREADY MADE, and you can only vote on how much. But the question should be, should we even be here voting if it’s going to be decided beforehand?
I appreciate everyone’s comments and constructive feedback. I’ve noted all your main points and I must say I agree with some and disagree with others. Regardless of my own opinions, the purpose of this post is indeed to gauge your feedback on these governance measures.