All - Activity - Conscious - Algorand
The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov
I agree with council needs to be running their own node, node running is a very important part of being a member of the network.
xGov Opt-In Questions
Hi Everyone, Before I ask any questions, can anyone point me to where I can find the latest version of all the recommendations on how xGov’s will work? I am mainly trying to figure out optimize my stack of Algo so all of it can be participating in Governance + xGov. Locking it in for 12 months may …
What is the purpose of this Forum
Massimo and Adri respond to things about Governance, and certainly read it. Anything outside of governance typically gets ignored.
Thoughts after attending Decipher's Governance Roundtable on xGovs & ARC-33 Proposal
I have no reason other than I didn’t think the AF was ready to let the floodgates open, I’d happily accept that…I was just trying to outline baby steps to get there, rather than go all in. Anything is better than the current system of deciding on what gets voted on, which is the AF comes up with a h…
Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption
My comment was largely around the fact that the previous administration of the Foundation was terrible, and caused a lot of issues that Staci has started to correct. Staci has created some of her own issues, but the recent hirings I think point to better decision-making going forward. (John Woods, D…
Thoughts after attending Decipher's Governance Roundtable on xGovs & ARC-33 Proposal
Thanks for the response! “#2/3/4. Forming committees to generate proposals is highly exclusionary and in tension with the inclusive goals of Algorand and governance programs. I think such a system would be widely panned by the community as private councils of the AF’s friends.” 100% agree, but thi…
Thanks you Algorand community for supporting Ukraine!
More than likely an oversight and someone forgot rather than purposely ignoring it.
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
I don’t think he meant NFTs are more important, I mean Chris did indeed create his own DEX haha, he just means that NFTs are what keeps the Algorand community interacting together through Twitter and discord…which is true!
Future Governance Proposal to shift some Governance rewards to Dev Tooling grants
I think once we get xGov + governance sorted a bit more, something that could be a great example of what to vote on may be to re-allocate some funds for Dev tooling. For instance, right now, 282m Algo is awarded through governance per year. At 40c a token, it’s $112,000,000 a year. One of the thing…
Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures
I think the end goal for Algorand needs to be two things.
Relay Nodes: Algorand needs all universities and tech companies they are partnering with such as FIFA, Koibanx, Nigerian/Italian Government etc…should be asked to run relay nodes as part of the contract and further decentralization of thes…
Why there is no slashing / penalties in Algorand?
This man went deep into the rabbit hole 😂
Transaction latency?
4.5 seconds to complete finality, but will be below 3 seconds by end of the year.
Identity based governance
Overall, the main problem is that right now there is not a decentralized identity service that is live and people aren't using it, so whatever system is developed, is nowhere near ready for this, nor do we know all of the potential it has and how we could use it to determine voting power. This really…