Replies - Activity - cc9one - Algorand

Fetching global state via PythonSDK

Thanks for the clarification @fabrice. I previously misunderstood the purpose of the return statement.

Error Traceback

I am experiencing the same problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/simple_counter_smart_contract/deploy.py", line 96, in <module>
    init()
  File "/path/to/simple_counter_smart_contract/deploy.py", line 87, in init
    read_global_state(
  File "/path/to/simple_counter_smart_contract/...  

Abstract tree parser error

Thank you, and that was a great guess. I was using Return(Int(1)) instead of the Python return Int(1) for my approval_program() function.

Pricing of ASA tokens

Thank you for this explanation. The precision is determined by the variance in the asset price across sources and time.

Where can I find these sources? I see this as a great learning opportunity to create my own ASA price oracle. Are there any existing ASA price oracles that I can use for reference?

Calculating ASA prices

I understand this, however I’m still trying to understand how the price of an ASA is calculated. Perhaps the swap example isn’t a great analogy. Let’s say I want to know the price of 1 FOO. What controls the price of 1 FOO? Is it a calculation that can be performed by analyzing all transactions?

Self guided study group

Thanks @cusma, I created the first challenge with a list of these resources to help people get pointed in the right direction: algorandbytes/description.md at main · connorjcantrell/algorandbytes · GitHub

Node and Indexer on Raspberry Pi

Thanks for sharing @fabrice. Alternatively I could use a 4TB HDD. A 4 bay disk station would allow me to add memory as the storage requirements continue to rise. Is this a viable option, or would read/write speed become an issue?

Storing private data on the blockchain

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it. You greatly helped me visualize the possibilities of using Algorand for my next project.

Would it still be practical to store the private data off-chain while also using Algorand to record the exchange of value? For instance, once a transaction is finalized, the private data could be stored in a centralized database. The transaction ID and public addresses could be used as a reference.

Local Storage Read

Does this mean that local storage can securely contain confidential information?