All - Activity - Cannikin - Algorand
Is there a way to sign into a website via "sign a message" in Algorand?
When check for mine I don’t pull from the pending pool (I didn’t even know there was such a thing!), I use the algosdk’s built-in method waitForConfirmation() that doesn’t return until either the transaction is confirmed, or it times out (you can tell it to wait for a number of blocks before giving …
Does the JS SDK support BigInt or not?
So the amount is a BigInt but the assetIndex is just an Integer, that worked for me.
What's the most up-to-date way (2022) to sign via WalletConnect and verify via algosdk?
Turns out the Algorand Wallet doesn’t support signing of messages (as of Jan 2022). Someone suggested a workaround where you send a $0 transaction with a note. You can then get that signed. Not ideal for UX ("why are they asking me to create a transaction for $0? Is this a scam?"), but kind of works…
There’s various random posts over the last few years explaining how to sign and verify a message, but they’re using random web3 libraries, some of which have been deprecated or merged into other projects.
Share WalletConnect session between client and server?
I can connect my wallet on that site, yes, but whenever I click any of buttons that are available, they all fail. In my wallet I see a real quick popup asking me to confirm but then it goes away on its own before I can even read it. It’s always done that since I found that app last week, so that’s n…
After thinking about it I reached the same conclusion: there’s no security benefit to initiating those transactions from the server. It was just my old client/server brain being overly cautious! I already refactored to do everything in the browser and it’s working just fine. Thanks the the thorough …
Algoexplorer.io API returning 403 for some calls
I saw their notice up there about changing endpoints but didn’t realize they’d just remove basic calls like status(). Thanks for the note! Updated I ended up switching over the PureStake API and everything worked perfectly. I’m not sure I’m prepared to install and support my own node yet!
I’m trying to use a waitForConfirmation() function. I’ve tried both copying/pasting the one in the docs and also the one built into the 0.13.0-beta2 in algosdk. Either way, the first call to client.status() returns a 403 from Algoexplorer’s API. It’s trying to hit: https://node.algoexplorerapi.io/v2…
So the Algorand docs say that ASA IDs are unsigned 64-bit integers. But if I try to pass a BigInt to the makeAssetTransferTxnWithSuggestedParamsFromObject() function, I get the error “Asset index must be a positive number and smaller than 2^53-1”. If I just turn it into an Int instead, everything is…