All - Activity - BunsanMuchi - Algorand

ARC-65 Distributed Oracle Agreement Standard

@StephaneBarroso I don’t believe there’s any ARC in progress that’s looking into this, is there? Just to make sure we don’t duplicate efforts. Cheers!

Re-allocate USDT TDR for GP12

Agreed, will bring it to the DeFi committee this Monday, my proposed best solution is to either cycle to USDC or other stables. My only real fear of going to decentralised stables (xUSD, for example) is that for some users they carry more risk than centralised stables, so there might be some hesitan…

GP11 DeFi Rewards Calculations

We didn’t apply for rewards for this period and vaults didn’t report any TVL. However, if a user deposits an LP token in a vault this will count towards that DEXs TVL. Afaik it’d be the same for assets in NFDs, vanilla assets in an NFD account will not count towards TVL, and an LP token will just co…

Messina TDR Distribution Plan Suggestion For GP11

Echoing other’s sentiment. Even if the figures are not final, you should have a percentage based distribution that can be commented on. As for the policy, if that’s a stand you’re taking, which is fair enough, then at least there should be a comment as to what pools and what protocols have agreed to…

Introducing TealCraft

Really dope, can’t wait to take it for a spin this weekend!

xGov-114 - Thurstober Claims - Easily Create and Claim Atomic Swaps

Perfect, just double checking, good to hear that there’s a different angle to it!

xGov-99: AlgoLearn Platform; Starting With an Algorand-Based Discord Bot Lecture Series and Open-Sourcing Python/Puya

The requested amount is imo way too high, and I don’t see it as a massive value add. Specially considering that the foundation is actively working on a set of zero-to-hero courses for developing on Puya and TealScript. Considering there is already considerable efforts being done by them, I’d wait an…

xGov-114 - Thurstober Claims - Easily Create and Claim Atomic Swaps

Iirc we funded Txn Duck on the previous period (I believe it was just a symbolic amount, but I also think the dev is still working on this)… Is there any other added benefit or is it just the case of two devs building competing products?

xGov-108-Airgap vault & wallet integration via isolated modules

I’m not familiar with the system, but considering that it’s OSS and adopted by other ecosystems with some success I think this is a good proposal and the type of things that we should be funding. I’m just worried about long term support, but if successful and FOSS’d I think we could see a com. membe…

xGov Proposal #118 - pressdot - The First WebMarket

I have technical questions as to how this would work. Are users logging in to a hot wallet that then pays as they read or look at articles on your website? Are they signing each txn before reading? How is the content secured? Is the content on a private server? If so, how can I be certain that it ha…

xGov-154: Cosmic Champs partnering with legendary indie toy company to bring physical toys in-game on Algorand

We have seen before that companies fail to deliver on phigital objects. Since these are usually targeted at non-crypto natives it always leaves a worse taste in the mouth of users and makes the whole ecosystem look bad. What steps is CC taking to make sure this doesn’t happen? Is there a pricing tie…

Poll for xGov Update Proposal: Improved Reserve List Percentage (or removal)

A reserve list should really be for frustratingly close proposals, I’m fine with either of the three, but no less tbh. I’m glad we’re moving to something like this.

Humble DeFi GP10 TDR plans

I have to agree with @lobo on this, personally I don’t really see the point in single side staking, so much so that I would probably just do a contest under marketing for COOP holders if that’s your predicament, I believe that could drive up more engagement than this. Other than that I think this pl…

Nft para no desarrolladores

Si no eres desarrollador te recomiendo usar una herramienta como esta https://evil-tools.thurstober.com/ que es un poco más gráfica para mintear tu colección.

GP8 Measures DRAFT DeFi Rewards Allocation Q4

But redemption has to occur on a future block, by the user posting a tx, so consensus will dip immediately. In extremis this generates an attack vector.

GP8 Measures DRAFT DeFi Rewards Allocation Q4

Doing this in the allotted time frame is simply not possible.

Then let’s do it the right way, create an approach for the general Algorand community, create a proper wrapped asset standard for consensus participation and push for its adoption within the general DeFi ecosystem. If this is something…

GP8 Measures DRAFT DeFi Rewards Allocation Q4

Measure 6 is a bad proposal, and I will STRONGLY urge the foundation to not pursue it for this governance period. Whereas fundamentally I believe we should find ways to encourage consensus participation, this proposal, even if open to anyone, in practical terms will only see one beneficiary, Folks F…

xGov-38 Decentralized Perpetual Margin Exchange

Hey @Adri Erik is @Swaggelwander on this forum 🙂

xGov-18 Coq-avm library for AVM version 8

I know very little about Coq, since everything I’ve done with regards to formal theorem provers (which mind you, is not a lot) has been on Isabelle… These type of tools are definitely interesting and needed, but as the application says kAVM was developed as a type of tool to do this (from my high l…

GP7 Measures DRAFT - DeFi Rewards

Yep, at the end of the day Governance should act as both the voice of the community and a way to grow the chain. If it simply ends up as a passive yield generator we’ll stagnate and we won’t be able to attract new builders and new projects.

GP7 Measures DRAFT - DeFi Rewards

This is by far the toughest thing to do, and it’s more of a process than a deploy once solution. Off the top of my head I would tackle the problem with three implementations I believe would help a lot: -Drafting a governance participation spec through an ARC: This way new projects can know what cri…

GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision

I am not saying: Give everyone equal money. I’m saying: -Either create a clear path for projects to apply for liquidity boosts and the requirements they need to fulfill to get it. OR -Create a discretionary liquidity boost program with a limit on time, amount and a clear set of KPIs we, the comm…

GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision

Frameworks, and a clear concise rule of play. It’s not like I’m/We are asking for a lot. It’s either: -Tell us how this program works, what its limits are and how to apply openly (ideally with a review of applicants and why they got approved/disapproved after the pilot is ran), i.e. create a frame…

GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision

I fully agree it shouldn’t be something that is just given, but instead a given set of requirements should be achieved. For this, however, there should be a framework of what, how and when can projects apply for these types of support. If this is seen as too hard/slow and the Foundation just wants t…

GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision

That’s a dumb analogy. You’re implying the Foundation should pick winners and losers, you’re also fine with them doing so with no oversight or due process. If you want that, then invest in a bank. What @lobo is talking about isn’t far-fetched, the foundation should encourage ecosystem support, and …

GP7 Measures DRAFT - Liquidity Provision

Having a vote post-fact seems very disingenuous, specially without having either the results of the deployed liquidity or a more detailed flow-chart as to why some protocols were chosen over others and under what conditions. Did these protocols approach you for this deployment? Was it a unilateral d…

Foundation picking favorites by deploying liquidity - a mistake

It’s not really a gift though, it’s at worse going to encourage heavier risk taking that will incur in user loss (you can argue that they should’ve read the fine print, which is fair enough imo), and at best going to funnel the rewards they themselves pay, in the form of APR. So the equilibrium po…

Foundation picking favorites by deploying liquidity - a mistake

By influencing the supply side of the liquid governance program, the foundation has in effect become the counter party for all the leveraged commits. Since we can assume it will likely reach an equilibrium (probably one where most leveraged commits won’t make a return, or at the very least close to …

Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

Measure 1 - Allocating 90MM Algo to governance rewards for the next two Governance Periods. I would place a third option for NO governance rewards. I don’t think governance rewards have had the intended impact, what we have seen is an ecosystem that encourages holding and locking over interacting w…

ARC used for decoding on-chain local and global states into meaningful information

Yeah, I completely understand and wouldn’t expect it to be any different. I think that’s the best way to approach it, to make sure it’s a standard that has actual sticking power. I would say at the moment what would be best is for each of us to build our solutions and then convene as to the rational…

ARC used for decoding on-chain local and global states into meaningful information

What @ipaleka says is actually very interesting. I think what will end up happening is that we’re going to go the open-repo route first. By which I mean we’ll open up HOW we’re decoding state and provide a few examples for the top protocols, and then once we have that ball rolling code-fy it into an…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

If your engine has horrible efficiency you build a better engine, not waste more fuel. In fact, other chains already have better engines which we can’t even copy because we don’t have the ability to do so (in some part because of the novelty of the space, in other part because we’re missing key-comp…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

Liquidity is the fuel, not the engine. If you have an extremely inefficient engine, like a CFF AMM, or an over-collateralized lending platform, then you need a lot of liquidity. It’s not sensible to compare TVL as a metric, or to use it as a KPI, since it’s misleading. It’s akin to comparing TPS in…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

By what metric are you calling it pathetic? What would a non-pathetic DeFi scene look like? The TPS needle is currently mostly supported by Planets and DeFi. If we’re going for TPS, we can spin up a bot that trades amongst itself ad-infinitum and bolster our metrics that way, or we could very well p…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

I think there’s a serious misrepresentation/understanding of where the Algorand DeFi space is at the moment. Reading your write-up it’s almost as if the Algorand DeFi space is dying and there’s nothing being developed/deployed in here. Almost as if the long-term vision of the chain is at peril, wh…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

If our objective is to bring DeFi votes into governance as key ecosystem players then I believe systems such as those of liquid governance will be better suited for it than a system of auditing LPs that will always bring with it more complexity and more controversy as some LPs/ASAs will have to arbi…

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

Informed governance measured by at least understanding the proposals placed is better than popular votes in my opinion. Just looking at this forum (that tracks your engagement time, participation, replies and interactions) is a much better source of serious decision making than filling out a binary …

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

I’ve thought about it a bit more the current proposals would only work as “patches” for the current DeFi ecosystem that we have, and won’t actually serve the long-term vision of creating a DeFi ecosystem that would attract new users into it.

Feedback requested on proposed Q3 2022 Governance Measures

Interesting proposals, I like them more than the previous ones, but I do feel we’re missing the forest for the tree with them. I agree with the general assessment that due to the “risk-less” nature of governance when compared to DeFi it is improbable for a DeFi user to match the rewards at the same …