All - Activity - boz1 - Algorand

The Role of userCount in Committee Selection

I have a followup question regarding the block proposer selection. After running VRF, if I have any winning tickets, I calculate a priority for them through hashing and propose the lowest valued one to the network (and everyone else repeats this and propose their lowest value if they have any).

Thanks for your answer. This means that it is probable for an account to have multiple votes in a single round, right? And just to clarify, does the sortition algo pseudocode in Gilad et al. match the actual implementation? I couldn’t make it out from the overview document in the specs repo you shared.

I am conducting MEV research on Algorand and, to get more informed about the sortition algorithm (proposer selection + committee selection), I went through the whitepaper and various resources. The one thing I couldn’t wrap my head around is the use of subUser (i.e., winning ticket count) in the committee selection process.