Likes - Activity - bhaney44 - Algorand

Governance Measures

Thanks, @bhaney44, as mentioned in the measure description, if the measure passes, we will open an ARC to define the council terms of reference with community input. That document is still very much a draft.

The aforementioned grant (xGov-183) was submitted through the xGov pilot program and approved by xGovs on voting session 4.

TypeEnum is used to represent the type of a transaction as an integer, and 4 represents an AssetTransfer. I actually have no idea where this is in our main docs, but I remember it from writing PyTeal: Transaction Fields and Global Parameters — PyTeal documentation.

Hi @bhaney44, I highly suggest you to checkout Tealish contract language. It is a simple, pythonic, easy to use language that comes with its contract testing environment.

This is a good question. It requires understanding a few things about Algorand’s smart contracts to fully grasp why the Bonfire account is, in fact, an address to which there is one way in and no way out. Algorand application addresses can be derived from the application ID following the procedure …

The new platform is a combination of smart contracts with a user-friendly frontend and is still under development, it will not be integrated with Submitable. The KYC provider we work with is reputable and follows financial industry standards for data storage and security. The next round is voting …

from pyteal import *

# Define the TEAL program logic
program =…

As a start, use Int() instead of int(), like Txn.Amount() == Int(7).

Could be an interesting thought piece. Just some questions: How do you already know it will cover at least 75 sources? Assuming those are papers and vetted articles, I’d rather go for quality over quantity. Would be a shame if you start gathering a lot of low-value sources just to get to that num…

Algorand Foundation please please please work on enabling USDCa transfers to/from Coinbase. It would be a major milestone achievement in addition to what DEV team is doing.

I don’t think how the tokens are classified matters that much given the recent coinbase employee insider trading charges. I’m at the Decipher conference and interestingly a number of sessions have been dedicated to detecting and preventing fraud in addition to building trust and credibility.

I have already raised the concern in several posts (example) but haven’t received any satisfying answer so far. Both orgs control the news flow and know about the exact dates of Algo sales. This information is either used by them to sell before a bad news is published.

A lot of people seemed to recognize that the proposed Q4 2022 governance measures mainly provide an illusion of choice, where the actual decisions (such as establishing “an Algorand Foundation art collection”) have already been made by the Foundation, while the role given to the governors is to vote.

This is impressive. Choice coin is the best choice I made.