All - Activity - averagezen - Algorand
Governance Discussions
xGov Beta Framework, Draft Version
Jul 10, 2024
I would very much like to see a dApp created or an existing dApp (Folks/Pact/Tinyman) allow for xGov voting pools to be established where an xGov could delegate their voting power to another xGov (in a transparent manner) while maintaining their individual node rewards.
xGov Beta Framework, Draft Version
Jul 10, 2024
I brought this up at Decipher and the only way I can see it working to prevent what you describe is if the Node rewards gained are less than the fee to sign up to be an xGov…which is prohibitive. Obviously, I am against this under the current framework. If a more effective Sybil deterrent were developed…
Need XGOV advice
Jul 10, 2024
Ludo…are you seriously promoting Voi on the AF forum??? Cmon man.
Need XGOV advice
Jul 10, 2024
Hi Ghost! It seems some of the other replies have missed the point of your inquiry so allow me to try and assist. First, if you signed up for more than one term in xGov, then you’ll be receiving more end of term rewards in the near future (assuming you stayed eligible).
An Alternate View on the Future of Algorand xGov
Jul 10, 2024
I like the idea of vetting, but it becomes a question then of parameters. If this is automated, it becomes gameable. If it isn’t, it becomes a drain on resources. Hence, my solution is to have xGovs who opt-in to a particular Vertical category to vote on and are automatically abstained from the rest…
xGov VOTING - suggestion for preventing whale manipulation
Jun 11, 2024
I’m basing the following workflow on the assumption that the new xGov plans do NOT proceed, and instead offer an alternate path. I don’t think I’m explaining this correctly, so I’ll do my best to elaborate here.
Step 1 Potential xGov would soft-lock ALGO (potentially also in LP form, such as curr…
An Alternate View on the Future of Algorand xGov
Jun 9, 2024
I do think that a hard division between changes/additions to ARCs and other categories would be extremely helpful, but this is far from the top of my list. While I appreciate the time and thoughtfulness you’ve put into your reply, I have to push back on any ideas involving a council or John’s (fishe…
Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures
Jun 6, 2023
The community “handles” the governance treasury via voting. The process is currently undergoing a major shift in terms of decentralization for proposal generation. You can find the current list of proposals here: xGov Proposal Repo
Rekeyed Account Governance
Jun 6, 2023
I am sorry for your losses. To be clear, this should not be a reflection on Algorand but on the MyAlgo wallet itself and now Atomic Wallet (as it was recently exploited). There are still several wallets that are considered secure, especially if you use a hardware wallet.
When are Yieldly tokens added to my wallet balance
May 31, 2023
I could be wrong, but the little I remember hearing about YLDY is that you had to claim daily (or in this case it looks like weekly)…I would do some digging and go back and look at the docs or talk to someone on their Discord that knows more about how the protocol operates.
Burning Algos Proposal for Period 8
May 30, 2023
This is true, but burning $ALGO irrespective of price is its own form of dilution I think, maybe I’m crazy. I would rather have that available in the future for when the price is higher and thus fund more projects with less. To me, it seems like this would have a ripple effect vs just a reduction in…
Reflections on xGov's current form and expectation vs reality
May 30, 2023
Twitter Post This is part “behind the scenes summary” part “response to some posts about the differences between the GP3 Measure that was passed and what we currently have” and part "a call for more community interaction on ARC 33, 34, and the xGov proposal platforms available to discuss these measures…
GP7 Measures DRAFT for Community Feedback
May 22, 2023
Is it possible to highlight the changes made to measure 1 and 4? Thank you!