All - Activity - Argimiro - Algorand

Need help with some specific stuff about consensus and network

Hello everybody! I was part of the MEGA-Ace program. My project was a detailed Algorand protocol overview paper and a network and consensus simulator. My goal over the course of the next month or so is to transform both the aforementioned paper and the simulator into valuable resources for the community.

Questions about the consensus mechanism

Thanks for the reply! I had not seen any formal proof of the protocol itself, looks very interesting. Will be looking further into that as well.

Further Inquiry

Hi! I’m a developer from Argentina, currently working on a simulator for the Algorand protocol. I have some questions about the underlying consensus mechanism.

  1. I read in the 2017 SOSP paper that in the BinaryBA* step there’s a “common coin” solution, implemented to prevent a very specific kind of...