Likes - Activity - aper_nft - Algorand

Wormhole NTT Contracts

@gid thank you for further engaging with the Council. Note that the following is just my personal opinion on the situation. If it were confirmed that Folks does have the IP rights and that it meets the xGov program T&Cs, I personally would still not support the proposal based on the current available...

Hi @uhudo I think it was misunderstood when I said earlier the “AF has full IP rights to the developed work”. We spoke with the Algorand Foundation and they confirmed the following “the contract does not grant us [Algorand Foundation] any ownership over the IP created in this contract.” If inquired…

Thank you @aper_nft and @uhudo for the additional context and feedback. I agree these questions alone do not resolve the deeper challenges around incentives, trust, and builders feeling supported in the ecosystem. I also think that priority areas should leave room for builders to propose innovative…

Priority areas

xGov proposals are submitted on a rolling basis, which creates fluidity in response to changing circumstances and community needs. Given the rapid development of technology and shifting societal landscapes, it is vital to keep our framework adaptable.

Even though the ask is minimal, it still needs to meet the necessary requirements, sufficient quality, and provide benefits to the community. While I am not convinced the gap the project tries to address is as big as purported, I could see this as a small example of how to use PQC on Algorand.

@michaeltchuang the “circumventing” wording was a bit unfortunate, I didn’t mean to accuse you, apologize. I wanted to point out what seemed to me like 2 proposals from the same author (I understand this is technically from 2 different accounts). If this becomes acceptable we should rather decide…

As @Adri mentioned, being open source and registering under electric capital are mandatory requirements for any proposal to be eligible to go for xGov voting. Future promise of open sourcing does not count I’m afraid nor conditional proposition. I suggest you open the repository to public, then register…

Subsidization is not sustainable, even with node rewards.

Hi Simon, I appreciate the clarification and guidance. Thank you for taking the time to explain how the current TnC are being interpreted by the council. Based on this feedback, I am planning to reframe the proposal as a retroactive grant for the development of the open-source components of the Alg…

Wormhole NTT is live. Team working on Allbridge integration.

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback. Regarding your point about grant suitability - yes, I believe AlgoFaucet meets all the criteria for a grant application: Open-source: Complete codebase (smart contract + frontend) available on GitHub.

We are building a yield tokenization platform and using Pact’s StableSwap contract that was opensourced last year through xGovs. I think there is value in opensourcing the CCLP as well for future builders. Looking forward to the concentrated liquidity pool Pact is working on.

@gid is there a roadmap for making the Folks lending smart contract public? I fully support this initiative, even though this grant request represents only a small part of the Folks contracts. Folks is a leading project in the Algorand ecosystem, and I’m pleased to see major players participating in…

Hey everyone, this is the official discussion thread for the ASA Stats Permission dApp xGov proposal.

This proposal builds upon the successfully funded proposals xGov-70 and xGov-141 ( Securing ASA Stats API high availability for the next two years milestone 2).

I think the shift from the old system to this approach was intended to focus solely on development efforts after evaluating what was best for the community.

Thanks for clarifying and sharing the definitions from the T&C. In this case, at least how I interpreted it, that would indeed make metrics like “transaction volume”, “ASA value creation” and “on-chain wallet growth” - aka community impact - relevant, which as you pointed out are still quite weak.