All - Activity - aper_nft - Algorand

Questions on xGov Priority Areas and Impact Evaluation

@Hellen, thank you for your reply. One point I’d like to add is that, when it comes to evaluating proposals, the Council is fundamentally in the same position as any other xGov. There are also concerns about Council members having disproportionate influence on governance discussions. Because of that…


Questions on xGov Priority Areas and Impact Evaluation

Thank you for your proposal. Speaking from a personal perspective, I do agree with your points. At the same time, I also understand that, given the current state of xGov, it is quite difficult to move in that direction. What you described is quite close to a managerial or strategic mindset—essentially…


What the "King Safety" paper should include

Here is the current structure of the Algorand network: instead of collecting revenue from network and database users, the Algorand Foundation sells its own ALGO holdings and draws funds from the pool of capital that ALGO buyers have put into the market, then distributes those funds to public goods. …


Wormhole NTT Contracts [3546124436]

Thank you for the additional context, @uhudo and @gid. I’d like to share my personal perspective on this matter. The core logic of this proposal seems to be that the development was funded through a mix of an Algorand Foundation grant and your own capital, and you are now asking the community to co…


Pact Fi Consensus Compatible Liquidity Pools (3368513873)

If important changes occur—such as a change in the requested grant amount—the proposal must be resubmitted. This is presumably because parameters such as the discussion period and the voting threshold required for approval vary depending on the requested amount.


AlgoFaucet • Sustainable Public Faucet for Algorand Mainnet

Setting aside for the moment whether this is suitable or unsuitable for a grant application, this is just my personal opinion, but I felt it was an interesting approach to the problem of how to sustain a faucet. Precisely because Algorand’s node operation has hardware requirements that individuals can…


Development of Real-World Assets

If an answer based on what I know is sufficient: tokenization of bonds is already incorporated into the technology roadmap. In addition, for real-estate RWAs, one project is moving forward actively. As for equity RWAs, Exodus uses Algorand for part of its operations, but I am not aware of any other …


General questions

Questions related to development are consolidated on Discord, but general questions are fine anywhere. Of course, posting here on the forum is no problem. Since this forum does not have a large number of viewers, if you want to gather broader input from more people, creating a post on Reddit is also…


Why is staking on Algorand not as easy or accessible for the average user as it is on Cardano?

In my opinion, the situation described in the topic seems to stem from the differences in how the Cardano and Algorand chains are designed. In Cardano, it is common to delegate your stake in the network to node operators, whereas in Algorand, it is assumed that users will stake directly themselves.…


NFT's & ASA's on Algorand

I will start with the positive aspects. Recently, I have been involved in issuing tokens in an EVM environment on another project. Since this requires preparing smart contracts, it has been much more complex and mentally demanding than I expected, especially as someone accustomed to Algorand. In con…


xGov Pause for Parameters Change

I, who am probably one of the strictest voices within the xGov councils, will not say anything negative about resubmissions.


Use-Wallet - Open-Source Wallet Integration Library for Algorand (xGov Proposal 3247418179)

This open-source program is probably the most widely used library on Algorand among programs developed by the community, providing benefits to almost everyone, regardless of whether they are developers or users. Even if someone is not an Algorand user, anyone active in the Web3 space likely understa…


Developing a blockchain-integrated authentication framework on Algorand to securely link physical assets with verifiable digital identities

Thank you for your reply. I am not a staff member of the Algorand Foundation myself, so regarding programs other than xGov, I only know what the community is aware of. As far as I know, the only programs currently offering proactive funding are the Accelerator program mentioned by Atsoc1993, or occ…


Developing a blockchain-integrated authentication framework on Algorand to securely link physical assets with verifiable digital identities

In the current xGov grant process, only “Retroactive” grants, as described in the documentation, are eligible. Therefore, under the current system, “Proactive” grant applications—where one applies for Z in order to execute X—are not covered. Regarding the grant amount, there is a parameter set for…


[xGov-3244303791] - BubbaPay: send ASAs to anyone with a claim link

Regarding the document, the xGov Beta Architecture describes Retroactive as follows:

Retroactive
Claim: “I have done X, which has benefited the Algorand ecosystem because of Y metrics, I would like to receive Z as compensation for the work”.
Positive outcome: funding is immediately disbursed if …


xGov news - FAQ

The parameters regarding the schedule are listed in the following document, so please refer to it: https://algorandfoundation.github.io/xgov-beta-sc/implementation/configuration.html Regarding the total amount in the treasury, the announcement at the top of the forum mentions that the 2026 budget …


[xGov-3240198097] ASA Stats Permission dApp

The above is precisely the part you should emphasize as a benefit that the community and ecosystem can gain from the outcomes within the scope of this proposal. These are the points that voters with voting rights will particularly focus on when making their decisions. If you want to use the code i…


[xGov-3240198097] - BubbaPay: send ASAs to anyone with a claim link

There seems to be room for development, such as exploring more advanced use cases or improving convenience in the future, but I believe it may still be too early to propose a retroactive grant. Current grants do not take future outcomes into account; they evaluate only the benefits or results that t…


[xGov-3240198097] ASA Stats Permission dApp

This Forum thread is open not only to proposers, xGov, and xGov Councils, but also to Algorand users who may not have voting rights, and participation in the discussion is open to all users. I see one of the roles of the xGov Councils as reviewing proposals and fostering discussion so that xGov memb…


Funk's Ultimate Node Controller (FUNC) - 3241872357

There are two main barriers to operating a node: one is preparing the physical environment in which it runs, and the other is the technical aspect of setting up the node in that environment. This tool addresses the latter, reducing its level of difficulty. Even before the release of this tool, Algor…


TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension

Since I’m not an engineer, it’s difficult for me to review the code itself, but I can evaluate the other aspects. TEAL is not a high-level language that is directly visible or intuitive, but understanding it is essential for developing production-level services. It is also listed as a recommended t…


[xGov-3240198097] ASA Stats Permission dApp

How the project uses the grant funds is at its discretion; however, the amount must be calculated strictly based on the proposed scope. Including estimates for future work does not count as retrospective. Furthermore, the scope should be limited to fully completed functionalities.


TEAL Visual Studio Code Extension

It would be helpful if you could provide the basis for the calculation of the grant amount. For example, if maintenance costs are included, I would like to know the period these costs cover, whether any future costs are included, and the proportion of development and maintenance expenses. In short, …


Questions About Who Can Enter the Algoland campaign

I see, my question has been resolved. Thank you for your answer.


Questions About Who Can Enter the Algoland campaign

I have some questions regarding the Algoland campaign, as there are parts of the Terms and Conditions ( https://www.algoland.co/terms-and-conditions) that I could not fully understand. Regarding eligibility, the following is stated: Algoland Sweepstakes – Official Rules 2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepst…


Web3 & Demurrage Money

You are very attached to your own opinion, so honestly, you don’t seem to listen to others. I don’t think this can be considered a real discussion. If you have already reached a conclusion in your mind, then you should gather like-minded people and execute it, even on a small scale. The crypto envir…


I sent my Governance ALGO to coinbase

He held xAlgo, so he was participating in the consensus through Folks Finance. I’m not sure whether he was involved in governance, though.


I sent my Governance ALGO to coinbase

For Coinbase to be able to operate this address, certain conditions must be met. Specifically, Coinbase would need to import the private key of the original address into Pera Wallet. Otherwise, they cannot access this Inbox address. Once it is imported into Pera Wallet, it can be claimed from the I…


I sent my Governance ALGO to coinbase

I searched using the address EZRVNZFJGOUZC67FUMEC7ZMVP232TPICFTQCVZ6EQEIRRT3TIHSKZULRNI and checked your transaction. Can you confirm that your address is JCK…SSI? To explain the situation: you have sent xALGO, which Coinbase cannot receive. On Algorand, the receiving address cannot receive assets …


Web3 & Demurrage Money

I think demurrage is an interesting concept, but I believe it may not work out in practice. Running a node requires covering operational costs in fiat currency, yet what nodes can actually receive is the chain’s native token. This means that node operators (and even ecosystem funding recipients) wi…


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

I see, that makes sense considering future expansion. Understood. Thank you.


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

There are actually three scenarios: the service is already being provided, and there are strong intentions for further development in the future. The service is already being provided, and the goal is to maintain the current state. The service is already being provided, but the team is cons…


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

Thank you for your response. I understand what you’re trying to say. However, let’s say there is a completed service A and a future or currently ongoing service B. If the grant is meant for future use, then it becomes funding for service B, doesn’t it? If the grant is supposed to support service A,…


[xGov] Council Election 2025

@Adri Please also let me know once you have more information about the next steps in the process.


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

I’m relieved to hear that the cost will be significantly lower compared to the current testnet. Personally, I have no issue with 10 ALGO, but the lower, the better. Governance works best when as many people as possible can participate. It’s understandable that some may choose not to take part due to…


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

I see, so it’s the xGov Council members themselves who will take the lead in shaping things. I finally understand the responsibilities of this role now. Thank you very much.


xGov Council Election 2025

This is one of the downsides of the current Yes-No-Abstain voting style. The weight of casting a “No” vote varies greatly from person to person. Some may vote “No” simply to indicate it’s not a “Yes,” while others may mean it as a strong rejection. However, from the perspective of those receiving th…


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

I’ve reviewed the ARC and the guidance again. You’re right — the scope of authority is clearly defined, nothing more and nothing less. My apologies for the oversight. As for the duties, they remain rather vague. For example, it’s unclear what exactly falls within the scope of the terms of use, how …


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

Yes, as far as I understand, that is correct. Of course, since I am involved in the review process, I also have a mission to share information and provide explanations about grant proposals submitted for users in my language community (Japanese-speaking users) who may not be able to read English. H…


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

I have applied to be on the xGov Council, but I believe it is dangerous to view the xGov Council as a safeguard. This is because the role only has the authority to check whether proposals meet the minimum requirements, and can only reject proposals that fail to meet those minimum conditions—for exa…


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

It costs money to create an account to participate in xGov voting, but while the manual states it should be 50 ALGO, it appears that 100 ALGO is being spent on the testnet. Also, regarding the fact that voters have to pay a fee, is it really necessary for this to be as high as 50 ALGO? Could it not …


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

Weren’t there close to 2,000 accounts running nodes? Even if there are 2,000, I don’t think many people will actually spend 50 ALGO and their time to participate without rewards, so I expect the number of xGov voters to be quite low. With so few participants, I think the direction will be heavily …


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

At least from what I have observed among Japanese users, I think so. Those who choose the delegation option often have a latent desire to earn node rewards without having to do anything themselves. Of course, there are various reasons why people choose to delegate, but I believe that it is rare for…


Can I vote on xGov (mainnet) without my own node?

Given the current situation, it is necessary to operate a node. The only exception is if you are delegating through Valar, in which case you should receive voting tickets even if you are not operating a node yourself. However, those who are delegating likely hold less than 30,000 ALGO. Considering …


[xGov][Beta] Testnet Feedback

Environment: Windows 10 Google Chrome Voters and evaluators will need to read through multiple proposals, but the animation of the header when pressing the back button or returning to the top page feels unnecessarily long. While this may be intended to cover loading times, it results in poor UX.


xGov Council Election: Voting Mechanism

I believe that the best practice for this governance vote is to cast a Yes vote for candidates one strongly supports, Abstain for candidates one does not know well, and No for candidates one strongly wishes to reject. For example, those who vote in this way can be considered “conscientious voters.”


xGov Council Election 2025

Unlike general elections, voters cast a vote of Yes, No, or Abstain for each candidate. If you are not well informed about a candidate and find it difficult to make a judgment, you may choose to vote Abstain. Therefore, if you are unsure about your decision, it is perfectly acceptable to use an Abst…


Can not join Algorand Discord

How about this URL?


Issue with ultrastaking

It would be best to copy the transaction ID and seek support on the Folks Finance Discord.


Issue with ultrastaking

He wrote that he lost it within a few minutes, so I think the situation might be a little different, as not enough time has passed for significant interest charges to apply.


The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov

Measure 3 is quite a dilemma. In the first place, neither we nor the Foundation have investigative authority, and there is no way to prevent the creation of anonymized addresses or to investigate them. Even if a voting list is published, those who want to vote will still be able to do so. If “No”…


The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov

Adri, thank you for providing the guidelines. Would it be okay to continue the discussion? Regarding the transparency of duties, there is a provision for holding public discussions. Will these be conducted in real-time through online platforms such as X Spaces, or will they take place asynchronou…


Sunsetting Technical Support on the Forum - Discussion

Thank you for your reply. I have responded on Discord.


Sunsetting Technical Support on the Forum - Discussion

Some people are opposed to moving to Discord, but given our limited resources, I think it makes sense to transition if it allows the technical team to handle even one more request. Right now, the guidance for using Discord is quite rough—just telling people to “create a thread on Discord for techni…


The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov

I strongly agree with GhostOfMcAfee’s opinion regarding the handling of personal information. If the purpose is to instill a sense of responsibility in council members, personal information should be submitted only to the foundation and should not be made public.


The xGov Council: Shaping the future of xGov

As you all have mentioned, I believe we should avoid a situation where the xGov Council is unable to make xGov proposals. If this situation continues, there is a risk that engineers with a deep understanding of the Algorand ecosystem and the ability to contribute to the development of public goods m…


Seed phrase question

The probability of each mnemonic word being chosen is equal, and it is the same as randomly selecting from 2048 words. When this process is repeated 25 times, the probability of at least one duplicate word appearing is approximately 13.68%.


GP12 DeFi Rewards (TDR) Proposal - C3

I apologize for commenting during the governance voting period. Is this method of reward distribution truly beneficial for Algorand? For example, in the case of Avalanche users, let’s say they receive ALGO as a reward on C3. (They don’t need an Algorand wallet to receive it, right?) Avalanche use…