All - Activity - algorandy - Algorand

Early Thoughts on Governance Data

“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
—Benjamin Franklin


This is nice data for analysis. I am saying that the lay governor should be able to visualize this in their governor profile or on a dashboard. If people want to crunch more bespoke statistics, that is on them.


Now that we are past the initiation phase for the first round of xGovernors it would be nice to have an interface to track our progress and make the xGov user experience more intuitive.
It would be great for xGovs to visualize their assets and progress:


Smart Contract Minting and Control

Is it possible to create a smart contract (app) that mints an ASA and has the unique ability to:

For example, the creator of the app can perform the above 3 actions by calling the app while no other account can (including the holder).


Indexer Issues

Hello,
I am running an indexer and this error occurred.

{"error":"AddBlock() eval err: transaction ADTOMYVVD3UTCAXLFJYM7MVW7EIID73U6ESSCT6BOBQMJEMPYZRA: logic eval error: - would result negative","level":"error","msg":"adding block 16679365 to database failed","time":"------"}

Was wondering if an…


Hi all,
Was wondering what is the best way to update the indexer binaries with each release? Has this been automated anywhere?


Thank you for the IsIndexerActive tip.
I am struggling with the Postgres setup on external drive .


Recently stood up a fully synced archival node on an old Mac with an external SSD. Looking to spin up the indexer, and am trying to figure out the logistics of indexer storage. In the node config I set IsIndexerActive to true, and there appears to be a large file in the node data directory on my SSD…


Block Consensus Protocol Insights

Thank you, I just read through the Updating Node section of the installation guide. Need to configure the cron job.


Stopped an archival node for a bit and when I went to restart the node it no longer syncs with the network and I am getting this message when checking the status: “Last supported block (13409875) is committed. The next block consensus protocol is not supported. Catchup service is stopped.”

Wonderin…


Archival Node Sync Time

Thank you for the link and detailed explanation, I will test this out.
What is the purpose of catchpoint labels? It seems like they are not needed to sync an archival node, but you allude to the fact that I may want to restore catchpoints after catchup is complete. Would like to understand their usage better.


Wondering what other people’s experience has been syncing an archival node.

Hardware specs: