All - Activity - ALGOnumberone - Algorand

Discussions on Algorand Ecosystem

Zero Knowledge ID Solutions

Date: Jun 16, 2024
Reviving this old post… Is there any feature or project in the Algorand ecosystem that actually applies ZKP mechanism for anything?

An Alternate View on the Future of Algorand xGov

Date: Jun 12, 2024
I just don’t see a way to vet proposals without a more efficient central oversight like a council though. How would this proceed to ding them individually? Part of my reason to bring in these institutions and more centralization is for them to possibly offer the traditional resources that have been …

An Alternate View on the Future of Algorand xGov

Date: Jun 8, 2024
Why not a consortium of sort like the ATAC for better accountability, responsibility, and most importantly/most lacking leadership? It has been abundantly clear for a while that the Foundation’s current management is just not efficient enough to operate on its own. Assign domain experts in categorized disciplines …

ALGO as a utility token

Date: Jun 8, 2024
Unfortunately this sentiment doesn’t align with Algorand’s tokenomics today. Technically speaking, why would this occur? “people are constantly converting their dollars or government currency into a decentralized, permissionless currency like Algorand.” For what kind of operations and incentives?

ALGO as a utility token

Date: Mar 1, 2024
Seeing all these traceability projects popping up left and right, and RWAs continuing to develop using Algorand blockchain, makes me question how the utilities of ALGO would evolve in the long term. How do you all envision ALGO’s valuation as the native token being played out? Are we all just dreaming…

Opt-in ALGO fee management

Date: Feb 28, 2024
Are there officials from Folks Fi, Pera, Tinyman that I can tag here? THIS HAS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP imo. This is such an easy resolution - you just need to communicate with each other to set a standard that the entire ecosystem agrees. You trio are the biggest pillars right now to educate this and I…

xGov prop. 161 - VoteCoin - Introduction Video

Date: Feb 10, 2024
Ridiculous, appreciate you complying this. Can he focus on one project and actually fully execute with attraction for once? Because I have yet to see a single working product. He is taking the Foundation and the entire community for a fool and abusing the system at this point. He is not pro-Algorand he…

Ideas to improve the existing funding applications template?

Date: Feb 10, 2024
Glad to hear this one. I’ve been asking several times for the past 1-2 years what was the justification for this arbitrary quarterly schedule that none of the other major L1s are adopting. My 2 cents on improving xGov is that there may be a miscommunication going on between you and @fisherman.algo …

Ideas to improve the existing funding applications template?

Date: Feb 6, 2024
Hello all, Why is the application template for xGov proposals so generalized and loose? I see the proposals all have different formats. Why? I think the xgovs and the rest of the community are aware by now how 95% of all these proposals are completely useless or redundant, or just simply not effective …

Re-structuring the incentivization/rewards/governance

Date: Jan 30, 2024
Apologies if this is a duplicate (this endless vertical scrolling UI is terrible). Is it possible to change the UI to a gallery format, similar to Cardano’s Catalyst and Cosmos’s on-chain proposal platforms?) Can we actively star this discussion here with the officials so we can get this to a vote for…

Opt-in ALGO fee management

Date: Jan 25, 2024
I mean is there even an “ecosystem communication channel” for these projects on Algorand to speak/collab with each other? I could also see this being managed on the wallets’ end - allow users to specify the “max” value or the subtraction (min. opt-in ALGO + # ALGO for buffer).

Opt-in ALGO fee management

Date: Jan 22, 2024
Any ideas how to standardize this without being a centralized/micromanaging requirement ordeal from the Foundation? Are you seeing the issue I’m experiencing? The two dapps’ MBR methods are different and not communicating with each other for me to deal with this at the user’s end. How do you expe…

Opt-in ALGO fee management

Date: Jan 10, 2024
Hey guys, whenever I click “max” on Folks Fi, I notice I’m always left short of 0.002 ALGO under my minimum balance, which forces me to bring in more ALGO from another wallet/exchange to initiate any transactions. It is such a clunky UX to use Algorand because of this. Is it possible for you to all …

The ultimate challenge/question of ALGO

Date: Dec 4, 2023
The question even GPT500 can’t seem to answer just yet - how to increase the utility of ALGO, thereby increase revenue for Foundation/Inc/governance? Cosmos and Chainlink have revealed how they’ll monetize their native tokens. Is there any research going on for Algorand’s ALGO? What does the Algora…

Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

Date: Jun 5, 2023
Would love feedback on here so I know what kind of goal-seeking voting “options” the Foundation is scheming for later down the road. Does anyone in the Foundation have any sort of SP500-quality work ethic to have a brainstorming discussion prior to opening it up to public for random internet joes so…

Algorand Grants Application Process & Management

Date: Jun 5, 2023
Where can developers and project founders find more information on the Algorand’s grant application process (qualification criteria, submittal reqs, point of contacts, etc)? Who manages it from the Foundation? Does Inc have a separate funding platform that we can apply also? What does the community…

Algorand Layer 2 status

Date: May 10, 2023
First time hearing about Aramid, all the best to your project. I’m not sure if this qualifies as a “layer 2” that the Inc article suggests. I’ve simply not heard anything in regards to this unique structure. Does it not yet exist? As far as Voi, I would consider that “parallel chain run on Algo…

Algorand Layer 2 status

Date: May 10, 2023
Hey all, Just what exactly is the Algorand’s “unique” two-tiered architecture? Algorand’s Smart Contract Architecture Algorand Why do we not hear anything about this native Layer 2 of Algorand?? A few years into investing, I haven’t heard a single word about this unique architecture in detail or…

Incentivizing node runners for Product Consensus & Clawbacks within Grant Contracts?

Date: Mar 18, 2023
Good to know the grants are already contracted out in that format, but also confused how then we have all these poor performing with little to no organic liquidity, some even just bailing out of excuses without practically realizing anything in the ecosystem? Seems like the qualification or milestone…

Incentivizing node runners for Product Consensus & Clawbacks within Grant Contracts?

Date: Mar 18, 2023
Forgive my ignorance on the current structure of node governance - do the node runners who are dedicating the node for a specific product’s platform ops, not just participating in the general consensus, get paid for doing so? Any sort of incentives by the Foundation/Inc themselves? Where the vested …

Plans to increase the utility of native asset ALGO?

Date: Feb 8, 2023
This is insightful, thanks for sharing. I agree with all of the points, esp cons. Pros should do the talking by themselves, but so much grunt work is needed to resolve the cons; I honestly have yet to witness any practical structuring by the Foundation to relieve these centralized ops, instead the …

Plans to increase the utility of native asset ALGO?

Date: Jan 27, 2023
I sense from the Inc side that they’re definitely wanting to play the long-game, but certainly not on the Foundation’s end (this entity is the most spendthrift Foundation I’ve ever interacted with in all my defi exp relative to other blockchains, maybe even outside of crypto and in my 30+ yrs of BD;…

Plans to increase the utility of native asset ALGO?

Date: Jan 22, 2023
What are some plans to increase the utility of ALGO while the market is rampant with gamblers and liquidity hunters with absolutely 0 regard for the long-term prospects of the network’s native asset? There has to be some sort of counter measures as a startup in this phase to be laser-focused on main…

[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance

Date: Jan 13, 2023
why not work on both concurrently??? This is imperative imo. This argument to tie in the actual operation of securing network with social governance has been a topic for years, if you’ve been in the space before becoming the Governance program manager. The more eyes/new investors look into the curre…

Algorand, The Foundation, and the complete lack of adoption

Date: Dec 31, 2022
I wouldn’t mind going even a step further (for xgovs or for people wanting to dedicate themselves more to contribute to the ecosystem as investors) and set it up via Zoom or screen-sharing environment where people can present w PPTs and etc. If Foundation is intending to provide roles for investors …

List of all grant recipients and its project status?

Date: Dec 31, 2022
I found the list as well as the socks project. I am just going to leave it here to see it for yourselves. Convince me how this is using the blockchain or helping the Algorand ecosystem, specifically ALGO asset, for the Foundation…

List of all grant recipients and its project status?

Date: Dec 17, 2022
Hello, I am curious if there is a readily available list of all grant recipients and what the statuses of each project are? I have heard some time ago this year that the Foundation has updated the application to be more rigorous. Is the application available for public’s review?? Where I can I access o…

Feedback request on proposed Q4 2022 governance measures

Date: Nov 15, 2022
All for Measure 1 and 2, but Measure 3 straight up sounds like MONEY LAUNDERING scheme and Foundation should stay away as far as possible for the potential of audit by the SEC. NFT is already a dying business, and the liquidity has been long shrinking before the bear started. (Get with the game alr…

Does Algorand have the capability to make its NFTs "Dynamic" like Chainlink's?

Date: Aug 7, 2022
Any updated educational materials on this from Algorand by chance like below? How To Create Dynamic NFTs Using Chainlink Keepers | Chainlink Engineering Tutorials - YouTube How To Build Dynamic ERC-721 NFTs Using Three Chainlink Trust-Minimized Services - Chainlink Blog

(retail) Business on-boarding to Algorand for its e-commerce op?

Date: Jul 1, 2022
Is there such thing as an “on-boarding kit” to transfer their business operations to the Algorand network? How would a business go about doing this? What/where kind of documents can I guide myself? I’ve found this, but would like to know if there are other options: Build your own Algo based store w…

Better management needed for Locked-In ALGOs from opting-in smart contracts on Algorand network

Date: Jun 14, 2022
Maybe Algorand Foundation should develop better toolings for people to enter into DeFi more safely and efficiently before trying to force native $ALGO governors to unprotected sub-market through a 3-month proposal of one option (measure b is literally just “keep in status quo”, which translates to NO)…

Who are the well-known Algorand Governors?

Date: Jun 14, 2022
I doubt technical, but more so jurisdictional or just operational-wise cheaper. I feel like this is a better progression of our vague governance than via arbitrarily encouraging DeFi with “doubling” of its voting power. I really am confused how they came up with such generic, non-mathematical model …

Who are the well-known Algorand Governors?

Date: Jun 10, 2022
I believe that’s where their node is being ran for HBAR.

Better management needed for Locked-In ALGOs from opting-in smart contracts on Algorand network

Date: May 14, 2022
Hey Fabrice! I believe it was you who I talked to last time about this opted-in smart contract fees. And you gave me an example of how ETH network technically has this smart contract fee built into the gas fees(?) and alike blockchains. It’s just that Algorand is transparent enough to actually allo…

Can someone please explain why Algorand cannot adopt multiple languages than PyTeal?

Date: May 14, 2022
Thank you for this concise explanation. Are there any ongoing efforts to provide other language wrappers than Python’s atm? Reach platform sounds like they have the potential to blow up! Hopefully they stay with Algorand as long as possible and keep building for us. It’s odd there isn’t much focus …

Can someone please explain why Algorand cannot adopt multiple languages than PyTeal?

Date: May 13, 2022
Hey Scholtz, What do you mean by this? I’m familiar with the entity, but never heard they’re working on such tool I’ve described. As far as I understand, no one is building this currently, or are they?

Does Algorand have the capability to make its NFTs "Dynamic" like Chainlink's?

Date: May 8, 2022
I was reading this and was curious if Algorand has any similar capability to be able to offer dynamically changing NFTs based on the updated external database via perpetual smart contracts. Some of the use cases Chainlink highlights are (16 examples): Competition Based NFTs, Reward and Governance…

Can someone please explain why Algorand cannot adopt multiple languages than PyTeal?

Date: May 7, 2022
I feel like one of the biggest valid criticisms of Algorand at the moment is that there is a learning curve with PyTeal, as compared to Solidity for example. As someone not versed in software engineering, I am confused why there is not a development tool prepared to either directly allow multiple languages than t…

Better management needed for Locked-In ALGOs from opting-in smart contracts on Algorand network

Date: Apr 8, 2022
Appreciate the attached concise explanation! I actually didn’t know ETH has a similar system except the fee is never returned (I assume this is the same for other PoS consensus protocols too?), whereas Algorand does return it. That is one big fat point I/Algo community can highlight whenever this topic co…

Better management needed for Locked-In ALGOs from opting-in smart contracts on Algorand network

Date: Apr 5, 2022
Hello, So is there any ongoing development to better manage these locked-in ALGOs whenever a user is opting into a smart contract or DeFi app within the network? I assume it will only get worse as people opt-in to more contracts in this growing ecosystem by the way it’s currently managed (or really…

Algorand-dedicated R&D team similar to other major chains?

Date: Mar 8, 2022
Hello, Is there a dedicated Research & Development (R&D) team for Algorand blockchain similar to how Chainlink (LINK) has Chainlink Labs and Avalanche (AVAX) has Ava Labs? Got curious reading this article below about how Avalanche’s creating an initiative to create an AVAX-centric multi-chain e…

Who are the well-known Algorand Governors?

Date: Feb 28, 2022
Hello, Just curious if Algorand is planning on offering a list of governors who are well-known/contributed to the network or in finance in general? Who are the well-known Algorand Governors? Most favorite community & VCs/institutions known to be supporting the network with specific task(s)? Below …

Receiving Governance reward in fixed amount vs. USD worth at the time of awarding

Date: Jan 19, 2022
Hey Algoholics, Just curious if Algorand will ever allow governance participants to choose to receive the rewards in fixed amount of Algo based on your commitment or the USD worth at the time of reward distribution, so you can hedge when market tanks like it is now, but also risk if it rockets up…

Optional Feature to Send Personal Security Information in the transaction block, if desired

Date: Jun 6, 2021
Interesting… So it really is up to the user’s ethical choice to reveal it, which arguably makes the argument of governments using CDBC and even possibly forcing citizens to use it than other cryptos in the market, stronger? (to use crypto as SoV like gold, sure, but to actually utilize it in the gov…

Optional Feature to Send Personal Security Information in the transaction block, if desired

Date: Jun 6, 2021
Hello fam, As titled, apologies in advance for my snowball question - I am curious if it is possible (via official wallet app) to send your personal security info (name, address, etc. anything that a fiat card would carry/have access) within or along with the transaction block? If so, could we make…