All - Activity - AlgoNautilus - Algorand

Necessary Improvements to Transparency Reports

Very solid suggestions! I’m always up for more transparency.

[Temperature Check] Reward node runners through governance

Do you believe the DeFi community on Algorand will behave the same way you just described? Because the incentive is exactly the same, I honestly don’t see the difference.

Most likely it would slow down the network, yes, it shouldn’t take the network down completely because relay nodes are somewhat controlled by the Foundation as well, which is not a good mitigation barrier imo. Nonetheless, I appreciate your input as it’s always good to read different perspectives.

Yeah, absolutely. I also moved my ALGO towards DeFi once the Foundation started rolling out incentives and look at what it did to TVL. I’m pretty sure this will have a similar effect regarding online stake, and turns out we could do both DeFi and consensus simultaneously which is great.

Rationale:

Lately we’ve seen the online participating stake trending lower (sitting at ~1.6B ALGO right now), this is probably a side effect of general market conditions where retail/institutions start to lose interest and move away from the cryptocurrency space, on top of that there’s also a very…

Proposal to increase from 10M to 15M ALGO on reworked Q4 2022 M1 governance vote

Please, disregard this thread. Somehow I got confused by the reworked measures, I thought we were voting to allocate 10M ALGO to DeFi governance each quarter (20M total), and if the vote failed we would only get vanilla governance rewards (90M total). All is good!

Dear algofam, First of all, I’d like to congratulate the Foundation on improving the proposed Q4 governance measures after the huge feedback by the community, that’s another great step towards a higher degree of decentralization. My proposal is about measure 1, I think both the Foundation and the ...

Couldn’t agree more, I’ve been saying for ages that we need to work in order to improve ALGO valuation, I’m just not sure if ending governance rewards completely and going for other types of grants is the way to get there. But yes, I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of using existing resources to grow...

Regarding measure 1, why not both things? There has been grant programs running for a while and there’s also a 50M extra ALGO gap in the first semester of 2023 due to reducing the overall reward pool from 141M to 90M, those extra ALGOs could be used to support the development of new tools and open-source...

I don’t agree with the split, there are different strategies and risk profiles in DeFi governors, and people will act accordingly. I believe that the reward pool should be distributed to everyone as long as they have their stake ‘at risk’, ie, using a DeFi product. If someone wishes to simply put their stake...

Exactly, you’ve explained it better than myself. It should be like a community support fund instead of being an NFT fund only.

Good job. I definitely agree with the shift towards DeFi rewards and I think the allocation is balanced (I’m going with option A on this one), I’m a fan of putting your ALGO to work for higher rewards. May I ask what’s the rationale behind reducing the overall pool from 141M to 90M in the next...