All - Activity - Algo - Algorand

Burning of Algo coins?

What the possibility of burning some coins (50%) as it seems there is an over-saturation of Algo in the market? What’s my evidence? Outside of the massive decline in price, we’re not seeing auctions on schedule and the last auction became this Super staking program excluded to U.S. participants. How…

Exclusion of U.S. Citizens

So I’m trying to get an understanding of some conflicting processes that occur with Algorand. Hoping that someone can provide some clarity. Algorand is located in Boston, MA USA. U.S. based Algorand Ambassadors cannot be rewarded in Algo rather they get USD whilst most others get Algo.

List of wallets that have completed KYC for super staking

Thanks. Found this mod to algoexplorer.io as well.

Why KYC is required for the auction, is there any compulsory law

Great question but I think it won’t be answered. I’ve seen similar questions regarding KYC from several months ago, go unanswered still to this day.

Is there a list of wallets that have COMPLETED the KYC process SUCCESSFULLY?

It seems like the only list available is a list of wallets that need to complete KYC. How many wallets have successfully completed the KYC process? Inquiring minds would like to know. Also does a low participation count have…

Hot wallet hack

What I am referencing in the title is a hack that turned a cold (offline and presumably safe) wallet, into a hot wallet which resulted in the loss of funds. In either case another pie in the face for the use case for crypto. Sure you can have all of your funds safe from the government and be fully …

Any news how the Algo hot wallet was hacked?

I’ve since deleted mine until a ledger or other solution is available stake or not. Somehow this guy got compromised and lost 2 million?? Seriously ?

I prefer mass adoption

I prefer mass adoption, the incrementally provide security as business cases arise and are decided upon by the community. In this way, you get adoption fast while meeting regulatory hurdles and once a tipping point is reached, governments would have to cede some ground if widely requested.

Sorry we as in I.

I’ll delete the post. Thanks.

You’re obviously new right?

Transactions are not mixed in Algorand.

It’s a way to reward people for committing a stake

It’s a way to reward people for committing a stake for a fixed period of time and being rewarded for it with a guaranteed minimum amount of return. Looks like they are trying to associate banking laws to crypto even though we all know Algorand is not a financial institution. Otherwise banking laws w…

This is hardly an explanation.

Where in planet Earth is crypto regulation settled legislation? Please name one where all laws and statutes have been settled law. Easy answer, there are None. As far as Money laundering, I’m asking about the U.S. so that doesn’t apply does it, unless you are the part…

I agree with everything you said!

Execution is horrible. I’ve sold off my stake. Maybe when it’s at .01 I’ll hop in but I’m not going to be anyone’s bag holder. This project is headed in the wrong direction for the retail investor.

Exchanges And Algos

I for some reason thought that they get in as early investors and also buy through auctions. Not sure though.

Can someone from the official team explain to the community?

why KYC was announced AFTER added their wallet to the Super Staking Rewards program? If this is a glorified airdrop which by all means it appears to be, why was KYC invoked? Wallet openers with Algo in their wallets currently receive rewards…

Well don’t feel bad.

Many people enrolled and made the cutoff date only to be told that their country was not eligible as they invoked KYC. Imagine that! KYC for a staking reward??

Anyone know who to talk to about licensing use for the Algorand logo?

This is the one. Thanks!

Anyone here know if there is a walkthrough on creating the Raspberry PI set up that was exhibited/discussed?

Why isn’t it stated anywhere?

Not in the site, not any article, nowhere can I find a mention that it is official. Heck, the foundation hasn’t even replied to my email confirming this. Sorry for the questions but I know two people who downloaded a fake Daedalus wallet that lost their Ada.

Is there confirmation that these are official apps of Algorand?

I haven’t read this anywhere yet or seen a confirmation.