Likes - Activity - Albatros - Algorand
Connecting your DApp to IPFS
Does your DApp need to store arbitrarily large files? This solution explains integrating IPFS with Algorand so your DApp may gain access to this decentralized storage network. Let us know how your DApp is making use of IPFS in the thread below.
Assets and ALGOs lost forever if app deleted without closing out
Hello, I noticed that if we delete an app without closing out the assets and the algo balance, the assets and ALGOs are lost forever with no way to recover them. I found this post of @fabrice confirming this. This is IMO an issue as on Mainnet there will always be errors/bugs in some smart contracts.
Why is Indexer separate from Algorand node?
Actually I think it was a good design decision because anyone can make a better indexer than the official Algorand indexer. For many applications, you do not even need to have indexer up and running, and the node and information about the processed block might be enough. Good thing about the indexers.
Info blockchain from Pyteal
Timestamp of last block: Global.latest_timestamp()
Current round/block number: Global.round() (last block can be obtained by subtracting 1)
Previous block hash: Not available. Which use case do you have in mind?
See Transaction Fields and Global Parameters — PyTeal documentation.
Hello, I want to know the last number block and the hash of this block from byteal and the time current. I search in Transaction Fields and Global Parameters but I did not find it.
Algorand indexer set up Issue
Did you specify the option --data-dir with a valid data directory when calling ./algorand-indexer daemon? See indexer/DataDirectory.md at develop · algorand/indexer · GitHub for requirements for data directory.
Hello @fabrice. We still have the same issues, but we are not using Postgres v13 but v15. Will that cause any issue?
The documentation on developer.algorand.org indeed needs to be updated. Now, you need to follow: GitHub - algorand/indexer: searchable history and current state. In particular, Postgres 13 is needed and you need to have a data folder that is specified as an argument.
@fabrice hope you are doing well! I have an Algorand archival node which has been successfully running, now I want to set up an indexer on top of it. So I followed the docs at - Install the indexer - Algorand Developer Portal. Somehow the steps are not super clear. Below are I am outlining the...
Welcome to the Algorand Community
Welcome to the Algorand global community! This place is for contributors wishing to work towards the goal of building a secure, scalable, decentralized network serving as trusted public infrastructure for the common good.