Why did syncing my participation node stall? - General - Algorand

Why did syncing my participation node stall?

post by gavinbrrtt on May 28, 2021

I’ve been syncing a participation node on a Linux server for a few days now. I have approximately 11 million blocks synced, but the node seems to have stopped syncing and I can’t seem to figure out how to troubleshoot the issue.

Here’s the output of ./goal -v:

8590327808

2.6.0.stable \[rel/stable\] (commit #8fe22d4e)

go-algorand is licensed with AGPLv3.0

source code available at [GitHub - algorand/go-algorand: Algorand's official implementation in Go.](https://github.com/algorand/go-algorand)

Here is the output of ./goal node status -d data:

Last committed block: 11912309

Time since last block: 0.0s

Sync Time: 0.0s

Last consensus protocol: [GitHub - algorandfoundation/specs at 3a83c4c743f8b17adfd73944b4319c25722a6782](https://github.com/algorandfoundation/specs/tree/3a83c4c743f8b17adfd73944b4319c25722a6782)

Next consensus protocol: [GitHub - algorandfoundation/specs at 3a83c4c743f8b17adfd73944b4319c25722a6782](https://github.com/algorandfoundation/specs/tree/3a83c4c743f8b17adfd73944b4319c25722a6782)

Round for next consensus protocol: 11912310

Next consensus protocol supported: true

Last Catchpoint:

Genesis ID: mainnet-v1.0

Genesis hash: wGHE2Pwdvd7S12BL5FaOP20EGYesN73ktiC1qzkkit8=

Here is the output of cat data/node.log | tail:

{“Context”:“sync”,“file”:“service.go”,“function”:“ [github.com/algorand/go-algorand/catchup.(\*Service](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/catchup.(*Service)).fetchAndWrite”,“level”:“warning”,“line”:268,“msg”:“fetchAndWrite(11912319): lookback block doesn’t exist, cannot authenticate new block”,“name”: