Update / migration policy for apps? - Algorand
Update / migration policy for apps?
post by user123 on Mar 9, 2022
Hi,
I’m writing smart contracts for a DAO. Ideally I’d like to keep everything immutable (for true decentralization), but there can be situations where updates are required, like fixing bugs / security improvements / using new TEAL features / (not sure if needed) updates for non backwards compatible TEAL upgrades.
Is there a way to handle this sensibly?
I’ve considered migrations too, but this seems rather inconvenient for the DAO members, which would have to opt-in again to new apps (and migrate funds too, as the app id is referenced by diverse escrows).
There’s also the possibility to subject the upgrades to a community vote, but I’d prefer something simpler for now.
434 views
post by Ben on Mar 9, 2022
Hi user123,
You may want to make the updates allowed only by some multisig or after some number of votes by the DAO members.
Ben
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| How to update an application created using algorand pyteal | 4 | 505 | Nov 2023 |
| When to use UpdateApplication | 1 | 446 | Apr 2021 |
| Update of smart contracts and testing | 7 | 1.2k | Feb 2022 |
| How to update application in Beaker program | 1 | 150 | Feb 2024 |
| xGov44 - Updog Advanced DAO Tooling | 5 | 512 | Jul 2023 |