Running my own node - Algorand
Running my own node
post by Steviekusu on May 9, 2020
I need help with setting up my node. I had the node setup up successfully but noticed I was having some errors and decided to setup the node again and ran into an error.
This is where i am having a challenge. tar -xf install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz this command is not executing rather is returning “Error opening archive: Failed to open 'install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz”
I need help with this ASAP
post by fabrice on May 10, 2020
My guess is that your file install_master_darwain-amd64.tar.gz is corrupted. Download it again from https://github.com/algorand/go-algorand-doc/raw/master/downloads/installers/darwin_amd64/install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz
You can check the content of the file by running (and checking the output - this is the output for today, please compare with https://github.com/algorand/go-algorand-doc/blob/master/downloads/installers/darwin_amd64/install_master_darwin-amd64.sha256 for the latest checksum)
$ shasum -a 256 install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz
97dcb37c1758e4891e44a5ea7ed58fede5c87a8b6ac0cbb086f07d9f153eb68b install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz
post by Steviekusu on May 10, 2020
still not running. It is still returning “command not found: install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz”
post by aojjazz on May 10, 2020
That output doesn’t make much sense.
command not found would be output if the program you’re trying to run wasn’t found - ie: shasum.
The installxxx is an argument to the shasum command - if that file is found it’ll output the checksum.
If it says command not found for install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz that means you’re trying to run that, by itself. It’s a TAR file, not an executable. You download it, un-tar it with the tar command (with the correct path to where you downloaded that tar file of course) and then go from there.
A lot of the alogrand commands assume a familiarity with the command-line and general linux commands.
post by Steviekusu on May 11, 2020
I followed the step by step guide and if it didnt work its none of my fault. Like I stated, I installed the node previously and I had some error, I had to delete the node and trying to re-install I had those challenge.
post by rfustino on May 11, 2020
@Steviekusu can you provide the url you are following on the setup node that is not working? Also, as for “command not found: install_master_darwin-amd64.tar.gz” sounds like either the path needs modifying or you need to specifically put in the directory names. what is your environment you are installing to? MacOS?
post by Steviekusu on May 11, 2020
@fabrice was able to help me out but I am using MacOS and this is the Url https://developer.algorand.org/docs/run-a-node/setup/install/#start-node