Problems with Algorand explorers - Algorand
Problems with Algorand explorers
post by Maugli on Apr 19, 2024
I am preparing a demo for a select audience.
During the preparation phase, I discovered, that:
- DAppflow accepts only full Algorand address
- Pera explorer doesn’t work at all when your specify the address
- Allo doesn’t work at all when you specify the address. I didn’t find network selection for Allo.
Where is an Algo explorer which can be comfortably used??
post by urtho on Apr 19, 2024
Can you give an example where Pera or Allo do not work given the address?
https://allo.info/account/NOTIFY2IJIXDNDCHF4EJZJOQYEQACIEVAIXBQMSZU4Y
post by Maugli on Apr 19, 2024
E.g. when I would like to examine testnet account
https://allo.info/search/CDRLCYZICK7XEBZ7M4HKYWNB7ZZLO4BFOQ5RGZNMHQ5ZH7EZWUDFQ6Z32U
or
https://testnet.explorer.perawallet.app/address/CDRLCYZICK7XEBZ7M4HKYWNB7ZZLO4BFOQ5RGZNMHQ5ZH7EZWUDFQ6Z32U/
With Pera, if you try 3 or 4 times, then sometimes the operation is successful.
post by SilentRhetoric on Apr 19, 2024
What, exactly, are you expecting to see as results for CDRLCYZICK7XEBZ7M4HKYWNB7ZZLO4BFOQ5RGZNMHQ5ZH7EZWUDFQ6Z32U on Mainnet? This is a valid address but the account has nothing in it.
post by urtho on Apr 19, 2024
Allo supports only mainnet.
The account never got funded on mainnet so it does not exist.
post by Maugli on Apr 19, 2024
@SilentRhetoric I expect in Allo a switch for testnet. I knew the account is funded on testnet only.
And what about Pera, being successful only in one third of the test cases?
post by Maugli on Nov 14, 2024
Now, at 14-Nov-2024 Algorand explorers behave like this:
https://explorer.perawallet.app/ finds the account if you specify the start of the account address, and after pressing Ret it displays the account info.
https://allo.info/ displays “No result found”, if you specify the start of the account address. For a full account address it finds the account and displays it correctly.
https://lora.algokit.io/mainnet displays “No result”, if you specify the start of the account address. For a full account address it finds the account and displays it correctly.
Devs: Is it a design decision? Then please tell me so.
Note: I have checked some other (BTC, ETH) blockchain explorers, and they also seem to work only for full addresses.