Node stops running - General - Algorand

Node stops running

post by Ansuz4u on Apr 17, 2021

I start my node but after a short time its stops and i have to restart it. I am running on a Pi 4B with Raspian Buster. I will be checking the status and i notice the node has stopped running. I have it running on a dedicated ip through my router. Sometimes it’s hours other times its less than 30 minutes.

post by Ansuz4u on Apr 17, 2021

here is some more info I did a force update but its still giving the same results.

pi@postgres:~/node $ ./goal node status -d data -w 1000 Last committed block: 13274294 Time since last block: 8.5s Sync Time: 162.7s Last consensus protocol: GitHub - algorandfoundation/specs at 3a83c4c743f8b17adfd73944b4319c25722a6782 Next consensus protocol: GitHub - algorandfoundation/specs at ac2255d586c4474d4ebcf3809acccb59b7ef34ff Round for next consensus protocol: 13409876 Next consensus protocol supported: true Last Catchpoint: Genesis ID: mainnet-v1.0 Genesis hash: wGHE2Pwdvd7S12BL5FaOP20EGYesN73ktiC1qzkkit8=

post by Ansuz4u on Apr 17, 2021

after a few seconds this happens

Cannot contact Algorand node: Get “ http://127.0.0.1:8080/v2/status”: read tcp 127.0.0.1:42996->127.0.0.1:8080: read: connection reset by peer

post by fabrice on Apr 18, 2021

Can you post the end of the log data/node.log?

Can you check RAM use?

Can you check algod was not killed because of OOM (do dmesg -T | egrep -i 'killed process')?

post by Ansuz4u on Apr 18, 2021

What command should i use to get the node.log file open so I can copy and paste it for you? I tried opening the file in the text editor but it does not work

Ram Use

total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 3827 358 2253 106 1215 3236 Swap: 99 85 14

HDD status

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/root 470G 16G 435G 4% / devtmpfs 1.8G 0 1.8G 0% /dev tmpfs 1.9G 44M 1.9G 3% /dev/shm tmpfs 1.9G 8.6M 1.9G 1% /run tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/mmcblk0p1 253M 48M 205M 19% /boot tmpfs 383M 8.0K 383M 1% /run/user/1000

post by fabrice on Apr 18, 2021

To show the end of node.log, run tail -n 25 data/node.log.

You can paste the result there between triple backquotes ```…``` to have better formatting.

But it looks like the issue is that you run out of RAM (OOM).

Can you add a bit of swap ( https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/a/1605)?

E.g., 4GB of swap?

Also are you running many processes beyond Algorand?

post by Ansuz4u on Apr 18, 2021

{“Context”:“Agreement”,“Hash”: