Node has been running for 2 days - General - Algorand

Node has been running for 2 days

Post by Ansuz4u on Apr 24, 2021

I had to reboot my pi 4b due to display was lost and wouldn’t come back up. now when i try to start the node I get this.

./goal node start -d data

Algorand node failed to start: node exited with an error code, check node.log for more details : exit status 2

I went to the node.log how do i jump to end on it. so i can read the log?

Post by tsachi on Apr 24, 2021

try tail -n 100 node.log to show the last 100 lines on the log file.

Post by Ansuz4u on Apr 24, 2021

this is the end of my node.log

{"Context":"Agreement","Hash":"KYBONECTBPN2RJVJ3HE2VJLMEJRIQJOKIOCGXYD4FDH5KPFGETPQ","ObjectPeriod":0,"ObjectRound":0,"ObjectStep":0,"Period":0,"Round":13409875,"Sender":"3F3QL7IHS2D6LTPP2K6OG35DXW2GY7VNXLRM57PIHUMYHJKZGKGJ3MENAM","Step":0,"Type":"RoundStart","Weight":0,"WeightTotal":0,"file":"actions.go","function":"github.com/algorand/go-algorand/agreement.ensureAction.do","level":"info","line":253,"msg":"finished round 13409875","time":"2021-04-24T09:44:54.307405-04:00"}

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Logging Starting

Telemetry Enabled: 96c5384a-77b4-435f-919e-9ba25f365553:Ansuz4u

Session: b0658e20-5175-4a8a-8f8e-de6da05ec4b0

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Post by Ansuz4u on Apr 24, 2021

tail -n 100 algod-err.log

panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference

[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x0 pc=0xb559d460]

goroutine 1 [running]:

runtime/internal/atomic.goLoad64(0x850712ac, 0x852618e4, 0x85071201)

runtime/internal/atomic/atomic_arm.go:131 +0x1c

Post by tsachi on Apr 24, 2021

@Ansuz4u ,

Thanks for providing that info. This is a bug in the implementation that would affect all RasbPI machines. I will file an issue for that so that the algorand dev team could look at this.

edit: feel free to subscribe to algod panics on startup · Issue #2101 · algorand/go-algorand · GitHub so you can get a notification when this issue get resolved.

Post by Ansuz4u on Apr 27, 2021

@tsachi

Do you have a time frame on the update being available to fix this issue? I would like to get my node back up and running.

Post by tsachi on Apr 27, 2021

The issue was already addressed on master, and was deployed yesterday to betanet ( BetaNet Update: 2.5.6 ).

I don’t have any particular date, but would expect it to reach mainnet shortly unless some regression would be found while it’s on betanet.