Node crash after start - General - Algorand

Node crash after start

post by pmeves on Oct 5, 2022

Hi I’m back at attempting to make this node run again and I’m losing my patience with unknown issues.

After many cleanups and reinstalls, I keep getting the same.

After starting the node, I get a successful output that the node started, however it crashes as soon as, no algod process, nothing.

This is my node.log latest:

{"file":"wsNetwork.go","function":"[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(\*WebsocketNetwork).maybeSendMessagesOfInterest","level":"info","line":1181,"msg":"msgOfInterest","name":"","time":"2022-10-05T21:59:20.484339+02:00"}
{"event":"Disconnected","file":"wsNetwork.go","function":"[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(\*WebsocketNetwork).removePeer","level":"info","line":2186,"local":"","msg":"Peer r-no.algorand-mainnet.network:4160 disconnected: ReadError","name":"","remote":"r-no.algorand-mainnet.network:4160","time":"2022-10-05T21:59:20.539568+02:00"}
{"details":{"Address":"63.33.59.216","HostName":"954f008d-0628-4579-9108-8c920bb0c999","Incoming":false,"InstanceName":"K61SeWqCl90/N72I","Endpoint":"r-no.algorand-mainnet.network:4160","Reason":"ReadError"},"file":"telemetry.go","function":"[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/logging.(\*telemetryState).logTelemetry","instanceName":"GWxMePdrRl2jnRor","level":"info","line":261,"msg":"/Network/DisconnectPeer","name":"","session":"","time":"2022-10-05T21:59:20.539762+02:00","v":"3.10.0"}

This is my algod-err.log

panic: unaligned 64-bit atomic operation

goroutine 459 [running]:

runtime/internal/atomic.panicUnaligned()
runtime/internal/atomic/unaligned.go:8 +0x24

runtime/internal/atomic.Xadd64(0xc27c08c, 0x1)
runtime/internal/atomic/atomic_arm.s:256 +0x14

[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(\*wsPeer).handleFilterMessage](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(*wsPeer).handleFilterMessage)(0xc27c000, {{0xe080e0, 0xc27c000}, {0x34bcbb2, 0x2}, {0x7a7ab00, 0x20, 0x20}, {0x0, 0x0}, …})
[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:589](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:589) +0xf0

[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(\*wsPeer).readLoop(0xc27c000)](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(*wsPeer).readLoop(0xc27c000))
[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:495](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:495) +0x57c

created by [github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(\*wsPeer).init](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network.(*wsPeer).init)
[github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:377](http://github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/wsPeer.go:377) +0x3b8

Can someone guide me ?

Thank you!

post by TTogle on Oct 6, 2022

First off could you state some more information about the node you are trying to run?

For instance platform (Windows/Linux/MacOS etc.), the kind of node, and the Output of

goal node status

post by pmeves on Oct 6, 2022

Oh my bad sure!

I am running on a rpi 4 b 8gb installed on a m2 argon with m2 ssd of 1TB.

The thing runs well and has been running in the past the node successfully.

OS is raspbian 32bit uptodate.

Everything worked fine until I updated goal to 3.10 i believe, since then it won’t start.

I’m now reinstalling everything fresh with raspbian 64bit and we’ll see…

post by pmeves on Oct 6, 2022

Node config was the basic/simplest for participation, not running in archival mode, not indexer.

The output of node status was as I recall cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:8080 etcetc, algod service is not up so as expected it cannot connect to peer…

post by pmeves on Oct 6, 2022

Pgrep on algod state no process so it stopped/crashed right after saying successfully started.

post by pmeves on Oct 6, 2022

Full OS reinstall 64bits this time, its faster and did not crash, lets go!