Nft collections - General - Algorand

Nft collections

post by jdaly on Nov 4, 2022

I see many tutorials on how to create an NFT with algorand and have deployed some using the the Algorand SDK; however what I can’t seem to find in any documentation is how to create an NFT collection? Do you need to write a smart contract for this? Can you do this using Javascript SDK? For example I feel like I could create unique Unit name for each NFT and then query by that using an Indexer possibly and therefore it would be a “collection” but it feels hacky; Are there best practices to doing this for example in solidity you create a smart contract based on the ERC-721 standard - you can basically create a max supply then increment until max supply is reach and set a token URI and you have a basic NFT collection - how would I do this using ASA’s? What makes an NFT collection distinguishable in the Algorand blockchain?

post by StephaneBarroso on Nov 7, 2022

Hey,

As you mentioned Ethereum has ERC, and on Algorand we have ARC: here is the link to the repository:

NFT is a wide word.

Currently, most NFT collections are using ASA Algorand Standard Assets

Here are the 2 standards used for ASA currently:

When combined with ARC-19, ARC-3 is the most versatile one.

For metadatas, you can look at ARC-16

We don’t have any Standards for “Smart Contract” approach like ERC-721 yet.

It will come in the coming weeks with the arrival of Box Storage

Which will allow a full “Smart Contract approach”.

If you have more questions, we also have dedicated channels on our Discord.