Next block consensus protocol not supported - General - Algorand

Next block consensus protocol not supported

post by _ei on Jan 3, 2023

Hi, while running goal version -v I get Build: 3.9.4.stable [rel/stable] (commit #921e8f6f).

The goal node status returns Last supported block (26075104) is committed. The next block consensus protocol is not supported. Catchup service is stopped..

Now… I’m running the updater in /my/node/data folder to align 3.13.2 release but it seems to be unable doing it. I tried also with the ./update.sh -i -c stable -d /my/node/data command.

Any feed?

Thanks.

post by fabrice on Jan 3, 2023

How did you install the node?

Using a Debian package or using the updater script?

In the former case, you may need to first upgrade the signing key following TestNet and MainNet Update: 3.12.2

and then:


sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

In the later case, can you show the error you got from ./update.sh?

post by beaconet on Jan 3, 2023

Also check repo and key.


curl -O https://releases.algorand.com/key.pub
sudo apt-key add key.pub
sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://releases.algorand.com/deb/ stable main"
sudo apt-get update

post by _ei on Jan 3, 2023

I’ve installed using Debian package. I followed the code under ( thanks for it @beaconet ) but it is still not working.

The ./update.sh does not give any error

post by fabrice on Jan 3, 2023

Can you run:


which goal
which algod

to see which goal/algod you are using.

The update.sh script should not work if you use a Debian package.

Did you run sudo apt upgrade after the code by @beaconet ?

post by _ei on Jan 3, 2023

Yes. I’m really sorry, I was whatching the wrong terminal. I solved successfully upgrading the signing key. Thanks @fabrice and @beaconet !!!

Related topics

Topic Replies Views Activity
Cannot construct transaction: unknown consensus protocol when using goal clerk send
General
4 403 Aug 2020
Node synchronization stopped at block 3735695 2 572 Dec 2019
Block Consensus Protocol
General
2 430 Apr 2021
Algorand Node stop synching after upgrading it to version 3.15.1
General
9 588 Jun 2023
TestNet and MainNet Update: 3.2.1
Announcements
- mainnet,
- testnet
0 748 Dec 2021