Multiple searches with Indexer problem - General - Algorand
Multiple searches with Indexer problem
post by AndC on Jan 27, 2021
In my system I need to search the blockchain more with the algoindexer. The main problem is that if I go to make several consecutive requests I get the following error:
algosdk.error.IndexerHTTPError: {“message”:“Too Many Requests”}
that’s my code:
myIndexer = self.instanceAlgoIndexer()
responseStruct = myIndexer.search_assets(name="tiger1")
structHash = responseStruct['assets'][0]['params']['metadata-hash']
myIndexer = self.instanceAlgoIndexer()
responseWeight = myIndexer.search_assets(name="tiger2")
weightHash = responseWeight['assets'][0]['params']['metadata-hash']
How can I avoid this?
830 views
post by Tim on Jan 27, 2021
Depends on the throughput limits the provider has - for instance PureStake’s free plan restricts Indexer calls to 1 per second, so you’d have to ensure some separation between requests in order to successfully use it.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Get assets using Algorand’s Indexer REST API 2.0 | 4 | 663 | Jun 2022 |
| Algoexplorer Indexer apis | 2 | 883 | Jan 2022 |
| Maximum indexer result limit | 2 | 324 | Feb 2021 |
| Read the blockchain | 13 | 1.4k | Dec 2021 |
| Indexer _ expected string or bytes-like object | 1 | 487 | Oct 2021 |