Low Voting and Invalid API Key Token - General - Algorand

Low Voting and Invalid API Key Token

post by pmeves on Dec 18, 2022

Can someone help me troubleshoot and brainstorm why I’m getting an invalid API token when trying to delete an old part key?

REQUEST

curl -X DELETE http://$(cat ~/node/data/algod.net)/v2/participation/H5QIPPTXIAD5DACT37JZC45HBTL75VD5GVMXF7D7E33R6CIXV6MA -H “X-Algo-API-Token: $(cat ~/node/data/algod.token)"

RESPONSE 401

{"message":"Invalid API Token"}
~/node $ goal -v
12885688322
3.12.2.stable [rel/stable] (commit #181490e3)

~/node $ ./goal -v
12885688322
3.12.2.stable [rel/stable] (commit #181490e3)

algod -v
12885688322
3.12.2.stable [rel/stable] (commit #181490e3)

I believe I have only one install, all correctly setup, latest stable release. It is currently participating successfully, but getting alerts from Metrika about “Low Voting”. It seems everything is correct, and want to make sure by removing old unregistered part keys.

Thanks

post by fabrice on Dec 18, 2022

I believe you need to use the admin token for such operations, not the normal token:

$(cat ~/node/data/algod.admin.token)

post by pmeves on Dec 19, 2022

Thank you fabrice!

It might be interesting to add a note about it at “Removing Old Keys” - Renew participation keys - Algorand Developer Portal

Regards

post by fabrice on Jan 13, 2023

That’s a good point! The source of this website is actually on GitHub - algorand/docs

Feel free to create a PR or just an issue (to ask someone else to make the change).