Lost passphrase - General - Algorand
Lost passphrase
post by thet33 on Dec 9, 2021
I know I’ve committed the ultimate sin but I’ve lost access to my devices containing my passcode, they were lost while moving.
I have a new phone and my CB transaction history but no longer have the 25 word passphrase. I was hoping when I restored icloud on the new phone I would be able to login but no such luck and there are no screenshots etc of the passcode.
Is there any hope now or ever? I can view my public wallet and see my Algo babies just sitting there.
post by Maugli on Dec 10, 2021
Hi, @thet33,
without the 25 word mnemonics, it is hopeless now to access your Algo.
But there is a silver lining – quantum computers could break it in the future.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Lost the last word of my keyphrase | 17 | 2.0k | Jan 2022 |
| Account recovery General |
2 | 795 | Oct 2020 |
| Can’t Access My Account | 0 | 415 | Feb 2022 |
| My Algo Wallet: Help General |
5 | 534 | Feb 2022 |
| I lost 2 words of 24 pi passphrase General |
3 | 364 | Mar 2025 |