Invalid App Reference - Algorand
Invalid App Reference
You have selected 0 posts.
post by xavier on Dec 10, 2021
I am grouping 2 transactions:
- App creation transaction
- App (Different) Opt-in transaction
I am trying to store the app id created in the first transaction while opting into a different app. But when I try to access the app id created in the first transaction using “gaid” opcode, I am getting the error as “Invalid App Reference”? I can’t add the app id as a foreignApp while constructing the transaction because the app hasn’t been created yet.
Any idea on how I could fix it?
post by Ben on Dec 10, 2021
This is not something you can currently do. In order for the other app to “see” the newly created App, you’d have to pass it in the foreign apps list. Of course you cant do this ahead of time since you don’t know what the App ID will be.
I think the TEAL devs are looking into making something like this possible, where you get to access any newly created assets/apps automatically but I’m not sure if/when it will be available.
Ben
post by xavier on Dec 11, 2021
Thank you, Ben, for the prompt reply.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity |
|---|---|---|---|
| Get the App ID of new Application created by inner transaction | 3 | 202 | May 2024 |
| Invalid app Reference? | 1 | 548 | Apr 2022 |
| TEAL ‘foreign apps’ | 2 | 542 | Mar 2021 |
| App address from app id | 1 | 904 | Mar 2022 |
| How to make app available for call inside an inner transaction? | 0 | 349 | Aug 2023 |