'InnerTxnBuilder' is not defined - General - Algorand

‘InnerTxnBuilder’ is not defined

post by kubot on Oct 12, 2022

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a payment from a smart contract to the calling address by using InnerTxnBuilder more specifically I’m using this code:


return Seq([\
        InnerTxnBuilder.Begin(),\
        InnerTxnBuilder.SetFields({\
            TxnField.type_enum: TxnType.Payment,\
            TxnField.amount: amount,\
            TxnField.receiver: receiver,\
            TxnField.fee: Global.min_txn_fee()\
        }),\
        InnerTxnBuilder.Submit(),\
    ])

When trying to compile and build the .teal file I’m getting an error NameError: name ‘InnerTxnBuilder’ is not defined

Any ideas why? I am importing pyteal on my pyteal code.

Thanks!

post by nullun on Oct 12, 2022

Did you install pyteal a few months ago? You’ll likely need to update your pyteal library.

post by kubot on Oct 12, 2022

Thank you, that was the issue, I was using version 4 instead of 5.

Cheers!

post by kubot on Oct 12, 2022

Is there any way to accompish the same functionality with version 4 in case I run into cross compatibility issues?

post by kubot on Oct 12, 2022

Nevermind, the app seems to be working fine. Thanks!