Error while installing pip3 install -r requirements.txt - Algorand
Error while installing pip3 install -r requirements.txt
post by simospa on Oct 4, 2021
I am trying to follow the tutorial I found on Developer Algorand but when I try to install the python development environment before I can run the example I get this error.
everything is installed correctly until at this point it finds problems with these packages.
Building wheel for pyteal (setup.py) ... error
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /home/simospa/venv/bin/python3 -u -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = "'/tmp/pip-install-om7b_ah_/pyteal/setup.py'"; __file__="'/tmp/pip-install-om7b_ah_/pyteal/setup.py'";f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace("'\r\n'", "'\n'");f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))' bdist_wheel -d /tmp/pip-wheel-t0my45p0
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-om7b_ah_/pyteal/
Complete output (8 lines):
/home/simospa/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/setuptools/dist.py:473: UserWarning: Normalizing '0.9.0.dev.1' to '0.9.0.dev1'
warnings.warn(
usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
or: setup.py --help-commands
or: setup.py cmd --help
error: invalid command 'bdist_wheel'
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Failed building wheel for pyteal
do you know how i can solve? Thank you.
post by fabrice on Oct 4, 2021
Try python3 -m pip install wheel.
See Why is python setup.py saying invalid command 'bdist_wheel' on Travis CI? - Stack Overflow