Error when running FatsCatchup - General - Algorand
Error when running FatsCatchup
post by cryptotraders on Jul 5, 2021
I have finally come back to setting up my Algorand node after being away sick for a few months and now I am coming up with an error that will not let me continue and has me stumped.
Node installed and running.
Run command line to start FastCatchup
./goal node catchup 14810000#FCGW2RSBAUA5V7UHSQLMUUXWB25CYN5ENVPYYZL5BATDTRQH6M3A -d $ALGORAND_DATA
Error: Cannot contact Algorand node: Post "http://127.0.0.1:8080/v2/catchup/14810000%23FCGW2RSBAUA5V7UHSQLMUUXWB25CYN5ENVPYYZL5BATDTRQH6M3A": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8080: connect: connection refused
I have searched around but can’t find any help. If you could give me a little help that would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Eff
post by fabrice on Jul 5, 2021
Your node need to already be running: goal node start
Note also that you do not need to add -d $ALGORAND_DATA. By default the data folder is $ALGORAND_DATA.
post by cryptotraders on Jul 6, 2021
Have tried both of that before and tried again and still am getting the same error. See below.
‘’’ Algorand:node algorand$ goal node start
Algorand node successfully started!
Algorand:node algorand$ goal node status
Cannot contact Algorand node: Get "http://127.0.0.1:8080/v2/status": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8080: connect: connection refused
Algorand:node algorand$ goal node catchup 14810000#FCGW2RSBAUA5V7UHSQLMUUXWB25CYN5ENVPYYZL5BATDTRQH6M3A
Cannot contact Algorand node: Post "http://127.0.0.1:8080/v2/catchup/14810000%23FCGW2RSBAUA5V7UHSQLMUUXWB25CYN5ENVPYYZL5BATDTRQH6M3A": dial tcp 127.0.0.1:8080: connect: connection refused
post by fabrice on Jul 6, 2021
Your node is crashing when starting.
Can you copy-paste between triple backquotes ``` (these are not the single quotes, these are a different characters - on a US key board, this is the key just below the Esc key):
- the last 20 lines of
$ALGORAND_DATA/node.log - all the file
$ALGORAND_DATA/algod-err.log
post by pmeves on Oct 5, 2022
Did this have any resolution? I’m having the same exact thing, to the point I completely removed my node folder, reinstalled everything and still nothing, my node crashes after starting. pgrep algod nowhere to be found.