Error using "goal listpartkeys" - Algorand

Error using “goal listpartkeys”

post by cusma on Dec 24, 2019

Hi there,

I typed the following command:

./goal account listpartkeys -w walletname -d data

I got the following error:

Registered	Filename					Parent address				First round	Last round	First key
panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x0 pc=0x858e08]

goroutine 1 [running]:
main.glob..func17(0x1438840, 0x2e9c740, 0x0, 0x4)
    /home/pi/go/src/github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/goal/account.go:862 +0x778
github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).execute(0x1438840, 0x2e9c680, 0x4, 0x4, 0x1438840, 0x2e9c680)
    /home/pi/go/pkg/mod/github.com/spf13/cobra@v0.0.3/command.go:766 +0x204
github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).ExecuteC(0x1434490, 0x759b4, 0x2c6e030, 0x0)
    /home/pi/go/pkg/mod/github.com/spf13/cobra@v0.0.3/command.go:852 +0x22c
github.com/spf13/cobra.(*Command).Execute(...)
    /home/pi/go/pkg/mod/github.com/spf13/cobra@v0.0.3/command.go:800
main.main()
    /home/pi/go/src/github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/goal/commands.go:148 +0x108

Anyone can help me?

post by Tim on Dec 24, 2019

There’s a bug that I’m aware of with that command, try removing any keys that are in the ledger folder temporarily, then re-run the command and see if it succeeds. If it does succeed, is the key(s) that was in the ledger folder registered already or not? When I see this issue it was with unregistered keys only.

Unregistered being no key registration transaction submitted to the network yet.

post by cusma on Dec 24, 2019

I simply retried after key registration and it worked. So, as you suggested, the bug is related only to unregistered keys I guess. Maybe could be more informative to explicitly say that the command works only if exists at least one registered key.