Consensus Participation - Algorand
Consensus Participation
post by LlamaChips on Jul 1, 2021
I have a participation node set up on my Windows 10 pro desktop. I used the installer from Randlabs github page. The node installed fine, fastcatchup to sync with the network went well and I was able to create a participation key. I am interacting with the node via command line tools.
I am having trouble registering the partkey online. When I run the goal account changeonlinestatus it throws the error that “txn validity period (14676300 to 17676300) is greater than protocol max txn lifetime 1000” Algorand dev docs recommends 3 million rounds, which is where i set the limits from.
Okay so I need to delete that partkey. When I run erase it states “the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process” I tried RD as well, which returns the same error.
I don’t want to create a new partkey until I can delete the old one as I understand it is bad network behavior to have one address with multiple partkeys.
Can anyone help me resolve this?
post by fabrice on Jul 2, 2021
There are two validity periods:
validity period of the part key:
goal account addpartkey .... This should be 3M.validity period of the transaction that register the part key:
goal account changeonlinestatus .... This should be like any transaction: at most 1000 rounds. Furthermore:- it should be so that the current round is within the validity period
- it should be so that the first round is after the beginning of the validity of the part key itself
- simplest solution is just to not specify the first valid / last valid rounds on this command (if you’re able to sign within 1000 rounds)
To delete the part key, stop the node first.
post by LlamaChips on Jul 4, 2021
Thank you for the response. I was able to delete the old partkey by stopping the node first. I’ve taken my node offline temporarily and switched to the testnet to become more familiar with proper interaction.