Conceptualizing PyTeal for Application Development - General - Algorand

Conceptualizing PyTeal for Application Development

post by bhaney44 on Jun 23, 2023

I have a few questions about how to work with PyTeal to create application IDs on Algorand.

  1. What are the fundamental requirements for creating a smart contract with an on-chain ID to handle user application requests?
  2. How can on-chain applications interact with user front-end interfaces, such as a react app?
  3. What is the structure of TEAL code, how can the logic of the byte-code be understood conceptually to allow developers to understand the syntax requirements?
  4. Do on-chain smart contracts typically have private keys associated for control?
  5. What is the most common interface or mechanism for submitting code for an on-chain application smart contract to the Algorand blockchain?

Thank you!

post by bhaney44 on Jun 23, 2023

One thing I want to note is that PyTeal generates TEAL. When this happens the TEAL script needs to be deployed to the blockchain from a node using the goal command line interface. One ongoing problem is a lack of effective mechanisms for running goal from the CLI. Here is an Issue I am working through regarding this problem. This problem is especially prevalent on Mac computers with the M1 chip, which often have inherent pathing problems.

post by scholtz on Jun 24, 2023

This is how i use to deploy with one bash script:

I am it is possible to do it with goal cli commands but if you code in some language it is much easier to do it this way.

post by luisdanielgp on Jun 25, 2023

You should also take a look at Algokit, the Explore command runs Dappflow, “a web-based user interface that let’s you visualise an Algorand network and deploy and call smart contracts via a graphical user interface.”

It comes in handy for deploying and testing smart contracts in sandbox, testnet or even mainnet.

post by scholtz on Jun 25, 2023

I do not understand how/why DAppFlow changed from the open source to closed source app… I believe core infrastructure should be open source… DAppFlow was first open source explorer, algorand foundation put it into algokit, and then they changed it to closed source?