Ambiguous : I'm confused - Algorand

Ambiguous : I’m confused

post by ddev on Aug 16, 2020

ddev

I’m confused here. While reading through, seems this is ambiguous. From the image, where account was generated, response gives a public address and account balance. Next the command was modified with

L42DW7MSHP4PMIAZSDAXYTZVHTE756KGXCJYGFKCET5XHIAWLBYYNSMZQU

I do not understand the command used here for the modification.

Response is

{
  "addr": "L42DW7MSHP4PMIAZSDAXYTZVHTE756KGXCJYGFKCET5XHIAWLBYYNSMZQU",
  "algo": 100000,
  "spend": "NFFMZJC6H52JLEAITTJ7OIML3XCJFKIRXYRJLO4WLWIJZB7N6CTWESRAZU",
  "[...]"
}

In the below paragraph, the keys was interchanged: public key now becomes the spend key vice versa.

This response includes the addition of the “spend” field. This is the “auth-addr” within the account object and signifies any transactions from L42DW7MSHP4PMIAZSDAXYTZVHTE756KGXCJYGFKCET5XHIAWLBYYNSMZQU must now be authorized by NFFMZJC6H52JLEAITTJ7OIML3XCJFKIRXYRJLO4WLWIJZB7N6CTWESRAZU to be confirmed by the network.

I think there’s a slight mistake here or there’s something I’m not getting right. How the public key becomes the auth_addr and auth_addr becomes the public key.

post by fabrice on Aug 16, 2020

fabrice

The page https://developer.algorand.org/docs/features/accounts/rekey/#rekeyed-account is correct but might be confusing.

They are showing 2 accounts which both are authorized by NFFMZJC6H52JLEAITTJ7OIML3XCJFKIRXYRJLO4WLWIJZB7N6CTWESRAZU:

post by ddev on Aug 16, 2020

ddev

Thank you Fabrice. Got it.