Algorand node does not start in raspberry pi 4 - Algorand
Algorand node does not start in raspberry pi 4
post by erikpaucar47 on Jun 10, 2022
I am implementing contracts in raspberry pi, I installed DOCKER-COMPOSE, but when I get to the end of installing what is necessary to connect to the node this happens to me. I follow the instructions in this link: Your first transaction - Algorand Developer Portal
Please help me, I’m new to these things.
post by fabrice on Jun 10, 2022
Welcome to Algorand @erikpaucar47 !
Which Raspberry Pi are you using? Are you using a normal SD or are you using an external SSD?
Only Raspberry Pi 4 with at the very least 4GB of RAM and an external SSD has a chance to work with Algorand testnet.
(For your own private network, you may be using weaker specs.)
post by erikpaucar47 on Jun 10, 2022
I am using a raspberry pi with 2Gb of ram, and an internal ssd. If there is no other solution, some other hardware that you recommend, since Algorand greatly facilitates the functionalities of my idea, since I want to send temperature and voltage data every minute to the blockchain as a record of my data.
post by fabrice on Jun 10, 2022
I guess that by internal SSD, you mean SD card.
In that case, there is no chance it will work.
You don’t need to run a node on the sensor to be able to interact with the Algorand blockchain: you may run the node in the cloud or use an API service. See also Set up your development environment - Algorand Developer Portal
See also Algorand on IoT Gateway - #2 by fabrice
post by erikpaucar47 on Jun 11, 2022
Thank you very much, I was successful in sending data with the purestake API.