Algorand Development From Source - Algorand
Algorand Development From Source
post by syberguy on May 20, 2021
I have tried to implement algorand in my system from the GitHub link that mentions about go-algorand GitHub - algorand/go-algorand: Algorand's official implementation in Go..
It looks like, I could not make it through the make test and make integration commands… eventually it fails. My intention behind this exploration is to see how the algorand blockchain actually works and to understand the source code. Can anyone guide me on this.
Thank you
post by JasonW on May 21, 2021
Can you give some more detail on the error you are getting when running Make?
post by syberguy on May 21, 2021
Thank you for responding quickly.
I am getting messages as attached.
post by syberguy on May 21, 2021
post by syberguy on May 21, 2021
Make sanity failed…
post by tsachi on May 21, 2021
Could you try to get it again and compile it ?
The issue on wsNetwork_test.go was addressed recently on master.
post by fabrice on May 21, 2021
For this specific issue with logfilter, I believe it’s because you don’t have $GOPATH/bin in your $PATH.
logfilter is installed by the Algorand software in $GOPATH/bin.
PS: Can you post the log as text between triple backquotes and . This will enable anyone to easily search for the error later.
post by syberguy on May 25, 2021
HI, I tried, but still I am getting the same error with make test and make integration. My go version is 1.16.4. Do I need to downgrade this?
Am not sure if I am doing anything wrong.
post by syberguy on May 25, 2021
gopath is set in .profile as "export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/go/bin" , do I need to make any changes here ?
The “make test” error is shown below
./scripts/check_golang_version.sh build
mkdir -p tmp/go-cache &&
touch tmp/go-cache/file.txt &&
GOCACHE=/home/algorand/go-algorand/tmp/go-cache go install -trimpath --tags "sqlite_unlock_notify sqlite_omit_load_extension osusergo netgo static_build" -buildmode pie -ldflags="-X github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config.BuildNumber=109618 -X github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config.CommitHash=15bfd9a9 -X github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config.Branch=master -X github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config.DefaultDeadlock=disable -extldflags \"-static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -static\" -X github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config.Channel=master" ./...
go test --tags "sqlite_unlock_notify sqlite_omit_load_extension osusergo netgo static_build" -race github.com/algorand/go-algorand/agreement github.com/algorand/go-algorand/agreement/agreementtest github.com/algorand/go-algorand/agreement/fuzzer github.com/algorand/go-algorand/agreement/gossip github.com/algorand/go-algorand/auction github.com/algorand/go-algorand/auction/client github.com/algorand/go-algorand/catchup github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algocfg github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algod github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algofix github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algoh github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algokey github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algons github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algorelay github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/algorelay/eb github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/auctionbank github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/auctionconsole github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/auctionmaster github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/auctionminion github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/buildtools github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/catchpointdump github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/catchupsrv github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/dbgen github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/diagcfg github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/dispenser github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/genesis github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/goal github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/incorporate github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/kmd github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/kmd/codes github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/loadgenerator github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/msgpacktool github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/netdummy github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/netgoal github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/nodecfg github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/opdoc github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/pingpong github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/tealdbg github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/tealdbg/cdt github.com/algorand/go-algorand/cmd/updater github.com/algorand/go-algorand/compactcert github.com/algorand/go-algorand/components github.com/algorand/go-algorand/components/mocks github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config github.com/algorand/go-algorand/config/defaultsGenerator github.com/algorand/go-algorand/crypto github.com/algorand/go-algorand/crypto/compactcert github.com/algorand/go-algorand/crypto/merklearray github.com/algorand/go-algorand/crypto/merkletrie github.com/algorand/go-algorand/crypto/passphrase github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/client github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/common github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/lib github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/lib/middlewares github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/v1/handlers github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/v1/routes github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/v2 github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/v2/generated github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/server/v2/generated/private github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/spec/common github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/algod/api/spec/v1 github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/api github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/api/v1 github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/client github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/config github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/lib/kmdapi github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/server github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/session github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/wallet github.com/algorand/go-algorand/daemon/kmd/wallet/driver github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/account github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/basics github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/bookkeeping github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/committee github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/committee/sortition github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/datatest github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/hashable github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/pools github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/transactions github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/transactions/logic github.com/algorand/go-algorand/data/transactions/verify github.com/algorand/go-algorand/debug/carpenter github.com/algorand/go-algorand/debug/coroner github.com/algorand/go-algorand/debug/doberman github.com/algorand/go-algorand/debug/genconsensusconfig github.com/algorand/go-algorand/debug/logfilter github.com/algorand/go-algorand/gen github.com/algorand/go-algorand/ledger github.com/algorand/go-algorand/ledger/apply github.com/algorand/go-algorand/ledger/ledgercore github.com/algorand/go-algorand/libgoal github.com/algorand/go-algorand/logging github.com/algorand/go-algorand/logging/logspec github.com/algorand/go-algorand/logging/telemetryspec github.com/algorand/go-algorand/netdeploy github.com/algorand/go-algorand/netdeploy/remote github.com/algorand/go-algorand/netdeploy/remote/nodecfg github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network github.com/algorand/go-algorand/network/messagetracer github.com/algorand/go-algorand/node github.com/algorand/go-algorand/node/indexer github.com/algorand/go-algorand/nodecontrol github.com/algorand/go-algorand/protocol github.com/algorand/go-algorand/protocol/transcode github.com/algorand/go-algorand/rpcs github.com/algorand/go-algorand/shared/algoh github.com/algorand/go-algorand/shared/pingpong github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/network github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/network/cloudflare github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/network/dnssec github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/network/dnssec/relay-check github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/teal/algotmpl github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/teal/dkey/dsign github.com/algorand/go-algorand/tools/teal/tealcut github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/bloom github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/codecs github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/condvar github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/db github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/execpool github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/metrics github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/s3 github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/tar github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/timers github.com/algorand/go-algorand/util/tokens -timeout 3600s | logfilter
/bin/sh: 1: logfilter: not found
Makefile:231: recipe for target 'test' failed
make: *** [test] Error 127```
"make integration" error is shown below
```+ algotmpl -d tools/teal/templates/ htlc --fee=2000 --hashfn=sha256 --hashimg=9S+9MrKzuG/4jvbEkGKChfSCrxXdyylUH5S89Saj9sc= --own=26IADQTOQVHA24MLRDV3IF5AFHBL3BPOS7KIHIIRQWOQPEST4J4DB4EEHE --rcv=DN7OMMFE6P4QJORHIJJ3TPQ2TQ2KWONXFBMU7UZKNUVECVQEJFBEKZIDBA --timeout=100000
/home/algorand/go-algorand/test/scripts/e2e_subs/htlc-teal-test.sh: line 20: algotmpl: command not found
20210525_135925 :151 Program terminated before /home/algorand/go-algorand/test/scripts/e2e_subs/rekey.sh finishes.
...
Makefile:244: recipe for target 'integration' failed
make: *** [integration] Error 1
algorand@algorand-vm:~/go-algorand$ ```
## post by fabrice on May 27, 2021
On which commit/branch are you (`git rev-parse HEAD`)?
I would recommend to stay on `rel/stable`, i.e., `git checkout rel/stable`, and verify there is no leftover files (`git status`).
## post by syberguy on Jul 1, 2021
I successfully installed the algorand platform without any issues with rel/stable branch.
Thank you everyone and [@Fabrice](https://forum.algorand.co/u/fabrice) for the quick responses and help. Appreciate your support.